New to hunting

J_Gibson

Sep 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I line in Wayne county West Virginia and I know there are arrowheads in my area but I'm looking for some tips on where to look and how to find them. I have access to some big farms with one over looking the river and also do a lot of mountain biking which takes me back way in the hills. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the farm fields after they are just plowed, it brings the arrowheads up and sometimes they even shine and glisten in the sun. Try dry creek beds, that run off of a creek, they are overflows in heavy rains and tons of small rocks get left behind, look in the creek banks also.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't found one, though I always look for them in dry creek beds. I didn't even find a single one in the creek in the woods behind my house, where the largest population of Native Americans in town lived, even attempting to attack the owner of my house on the property many times in the 1700's (without succeeding). Maybe that is just my luck though. Welcome to the forum! Good luck, Arrowhead hunting is fun, in fact, after this post I am going to go to the creek to look for some now that you motivated me to check one more time:thumbsup:.

Good luck! Try looking in the artifacts forum for tips!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread