Garrett Ace 400 Comparison to AT Pro?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Ace 400 Comparison to AT Pro? Update...

Howdy Folks. I just met a budding treasure hunter who is considering a package deal on a Garrett Ace 400. I don't often sell my machines but, am considering selling or bartering him my Garrett AT Pro along with many nice accessories including three coils and Grey Ghost Amphibian headphones. My question is aimed at people who have experience on BOTH these machines and how does the Ace 400 compare to the AT Pro? Depth, grabbing coins in iron, features, and anything else one can think of that has experience on both these machines. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback. I checked youtube and there was one video a young pair of brothers did comparing the two machine which helped a little. Hoping for a few additional experienced Garrett folks to chime in. Adios...

It appears my new treasure hunting buddy could not wait to pull the trigger on the Garrett Ace 400 kit. It's headed his way and we should be swinging together this weekend around an old cellar hole he found in some deep woods. I still am willing to let the AT Pro go to the new guy as he owns a tree service business and it so happens I have a dead 20 foot Blue Spuce that needs removal and need some seasoned firewood which he has plenty of. I am sure we can negotiate a deal and he can go from one Bounty Hunter to three metal detectors and begin his journey into the obsession. We hunted his front yard this afternoon and he scored his first Wheat penny. Got his juices flowing just a bit. Thanks again for your input.:icon_salut:

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and logged many hours. The 400 had a fixed ground balance which limits the area where it can be effectively used. The 400 is like a toy compared to the ATP. I tried very hard and could never find much favor with the 400 but I love the ATP.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and logged many hours. The 400 had a fixed ground balance which limits the area where it can be effectively used. The 400 is like a toy compared to the ATP. I tried very hard and could never find much favor with the 400 but I love the ATP.

Exactly the type of reply I was searching for. Thanks mate.:icon_salut:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios, I sport the ATP...while I absolutely, positively love that thing, one of my friends runs the Ace 400 and routinely kills it...more than once he's kicked my butt into the dirt. But...we swapped one day and the response was slower and the tones weren't as...informative? Pinpointing was a little harder and just didn't seem as user friendly as the ATP...Hope this helps bud! Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread