Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: ARRRRRRGGG! IVE BECOME ONE OF THEM!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    I heard an elderly man telling a forty something man that he had better be good at math because he was going to be doing a lot of subtracting as he got older. Unfortunately, for a lot of us, this holds very true. My father used to tell me that I was wasting time hunting and fishing on my time off work, that I could do all of that in my "golden years". I wasn't sure that I would even make it to my golden years much less be able to do all of that stuff. So far, the only golden thing that I can find is how often I have to go to the bathroom during the night. But, to keep things in perspective, a simple walk through a Children's Hospital or a VA Hospital quickly reminds me that I have no problems, just some inconveniences. I have learned to not say anything about how well I might be feeling or things can't get any worse. All in all, I am a very blessed man, more so that I really deserve. Besides, when I do whine, my wife laughs at me.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    990 times
    Going to a wedding I tell my wife,” I hope they don’t stick us at a table with the old people.” When we get there we were the oldest ones there.
    4x4x4 and dirtlooter like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2017
    Southern California, outside of San Diego
    1096 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    ....Being there , resembling that....
    ....for a brief time I watched over a 104 year old. He drove to the store every day for his Lotto tickets , his newer car looking like a badly strafed aircraft and any protrusions wiped clean. He enjoyed his life, family and pets emmensily .
    His rich stories never mentioned physical hardships only life lessons.
    While I put the miles on and deal with my own breakdowns , I remember to thank those who go ahead and check it out for the rest of us !
    DL , you write eloquently----Thanks.
    Mark.
    Last edited by 4x4x4; Sep 13, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
    dirtlooter likes this.
    "GIVE ME ANALOG , OR GIVE ME DEATH"

... Walks on flaming Pop tarts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Escape View Post
    Going to a wedding I tell my wife,” I hope they don’t stick us at a table with the old people.” When we get there we were the oldest ones there.
    It's amazing, somewhere and I don't where or when, I crossed the line and became the old one. I guess when the older guys began calling me Sir I should have known or when you got the senior discount even though you weren't that old yet. But now I feel it.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links