May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon!
I need a hand with the last step of my hunt for a date on an old farmhouse. We have a property up north (MN) that has a large foundation in the side of a small hill which was created with concrete and field stones. Quite large. There is also what appear to be a spring that was contained in a separate area in the basement. Anyone run across this before? I may have some pics... I will dig around. First realized there was about a 2ft puddle of water there late last year, CLEAR water. Every time since then its still 2ft deep and pristine. Smart builders back in the day!

Back to my point....
I have found plat maps from 1884 of the area and it all belonged to the US govt. Then on the plat map from 1910 you can see it was parceled off. I know of the owners from approx the 1950s and on. So this house was build sometime between 1884 and 1910. I have the name of the individual who bought it as well as the specific parcel information.

There has to be a property/purchase record I could locate with this info, right?? Or maybe something like a city listing? I could see when that individual moved into the area.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Couldnt find any pictures on my phone... but this is a 1930 aerial showing the house. There looks to be some outbuildings as well. We have only ever found the foundation and then a large copper well pump sticking out of the ground. Tried to jump on is but it must be filled in :)
Also on this search I found the old schoolhouse!! I cant wait to get back up there and see if I can get permission. I bet there will be pennies galore! Schoolhouse would have went in somewhere 1910 or so as well.

map.jpg

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Check your county or state deed office, sometimes they have them online. I traced one cellar hole from around 1940 when it was abandoned, back to the 1740's when it was built using this method, all you need is one name and a good amount of time set aside. Good luck, sounds like a promising place!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must confess I don't spend enough time learning to research as you are doing here. I guess I depend a lot on "luck" which I don't even believe in. Preparation, planning, and research are the keys to locating the better sights and then the better finds associated with them. Sounds like you have a good plan going and may it bring forth the treasures you seek.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread