Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

callicles

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never lost my detector while hunting, but I've been so excited about going that I have left it at the house and not known I had left it until I arrived at my spot many, many miles away!

Once, I got to an area but had to hump a couple miles through swamp, woods etc., finally arrived to the spot I wanted to hunt, and realized I had not brought my shovel.... live and learn I guess!

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happend to me a couple of times with my pinpointer. Arrived at the spot and saw i left my pinpointer at home.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll sort of. Have gone to the lake a couple of times only to realize I had thrown my land machine in the car instead of the Tiger Shark. I learned that the land detector needed to be tucked away in a back closet so I only have one to grab. When I have finished hunting my detector doesn't come off my arm until I am setting it in the trunk. I have read a number of posts on this board over the years of hunters who have either left their detector behind or worse, leaned it against the car and then drove over it as they were backing out.

Bigjdub

Jul 21, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've forgotten fresh batteries when I know my MD is getting low and had to cut a trip short but I've never forgot the whole MD before.

I did lose my Pinpointer once and had to retrace my steps a ways down a beach to find it. I haddent had a hit in a while and made it about a quarter mile before I realized it was gone. I either dropped it of forgot it but in the end I found it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have forgotten at home after arriving at spot
but have friends that have left behind car and back over them - left on roof and had them fly off on highway to be run over by others
and a few that left on a bench at beach after having a great day - so excited to get treasures home they left behind
some went back and got it - others were missing when they got back

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i haven't but i left it at home before

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out and noticed that the battery cover fell off in the car, after walking 15 minutes out in the woods. Two or three of my batteries fell out on the way there, and I found them along the trail on the way back to the car to get the battery cover.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
funny you should ask.just this weekend I have had a couple dreams that I went a long way on vacation, then discovered that I didn't bring my detector

cj74

Sep 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That question made me think back to basic training when we had to tie boot strings to our weapons and then to ourselves, wrists, belts or whatever. They were called dummy-cords..lol.

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not left a detector or pinpointer yet but fresh batteries is familiar, I have done that a couple of times and now have a fresh pack sitting on top of my pouch in the second bedroom with the detectors. I like the others, have heard of others leaving them against the car and running over them or knocking them off and getting down the road before realizing that it was not in the car. After a long day, it is a very good possibility that it could happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread