What types of digging are you doing in your area now?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mainly done beaches since mid May due to bugs, snakes, heat and all those foul things. Next week the temps will drop 10 degrees, so it will probably frost here within a month, then its deer season. The fields are just now starting to get harvested, it will another few weeks before the soybeans are done. Saw a huge buck run across the road in front of me today, fortunately, 100 feet in front of me.

What types of digging are you doing now?

Bigjdub

Jul 21, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hitting the local river swimming holes. Any time now we will be getting a lot of rain and the river will rise and wash out all the sandy beach areas. I want to make sure I get the good stuff before it's gone for good.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Civil War relics in harvested soybean and corn fields ......... so hot that we hunt from just after daylight to about 9 30 ..... not as tough as I was 40 or 50 yrs ago ....

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pounding cellar holes at the moment. And yards when I can get a hold off my permissions. Pretty much anywhere I can get a coil on the ground.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yards, recreation areas, parcs, forrest, beach....

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went Saturday to the beach and cleaned up, and yesterday the lawn and the woods. Woods adventure didn't last long as we stirred up a zillion yellow jackets. Won't go there again until the frost comes. Could be a few more weeks although the trees have not been fooled, they are losing their leaves now.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still hunting permissions, curb strips, some parks and schools. I will be going into the woods and fields in a month to hit old home sites that have not existed for quite some time, but are on the 1857 county map. I currently am working on permissions for all 3 sites. I might hit the local beach later this week. It does not get much use and I have yet to find much in the water there.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after an Irma hurricane pounding, and no Internet and bad phone service. I can finally post once in a while. So we are doing the post Irma shallow water and beach hunting thing. I got some 1733 galleon fleet relics in the form of bridle rosettes and strap keepers with floral pattern. Tried to post pics in the shipwreck forum but they won't open. I'm lucky to be online at all right now. Hope to get on some treasure coins this week if possible. Getting a lot of big hard wood logs for the saw mill right now. Wild tamarind ,Jamaican dogwood, and West Indies mahogany. Won't be long before someone stumbles into some Spanish treasure. The hurricane has changed everything. I've seen spots scoured down to coral rock. 3-4 feet of sand has been stripped off the bottom in places.
Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
since i live in the woods and have house places all around me with road beds and mills i do all of them

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woods, farms and yards. Getting out all day every Saturday and Sunday.. I'll be shut down for 5-6 months in a few weeks :BangHead:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad stabbing. Ground is still too hard & dry for digging plugs.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like OP said above, Swimming holes till the frost beats down the poison ivy, and the skeeters and ticks die, then it's detecting till the ground freezes (Michigan). Winter I magnet fish with 3 pairs of gloves on and goretex pants and jacket. Then I won't be able to get out till March at the latest to detect. Then once late May hits I will be back in the water.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last winter we only missed two weekends, other than that, the ground was good to go. Ordered fuel oil today, fall is here, but still 83 degrees out today.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen to that sir, from a 61 year old Relic Hunter from Georgia. I resemble that remark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread