jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If this announcement has already been posted let me know, I will Delete mine.

Friday, 31st March 2017
Mackenzie Crook’s gentle comedy Detectorists is returning for a third and final series, the BBC has confirmed.

The show, in which Crook plays affable metal detecting enthusiast Andy, will film six more episodes in Suffolk this summer for a likely BBC4 broadcast at the end of the year.

Detectorists series 3 confirmed | BBC4 comedy will return in 2017 for third and final series - Radio Times

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of the show. I do believe I get the BBC channel on my TV, though. Maybe I'll get to watch it?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of the show. I do believe I get the BBC channel on my TV, though. Maybe I'll get to watch it?

Not on BBC America :(

but can be found on Netflix & on Demand.

and possibly free yet somewhere online .
imo Not outrageously funny ...

But has a Cult Flowing among Detectorists because it is so Real :icon_thumleft:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, should air this fall if previous film/broadcast seasons are any indication. Daily Motion has had previous seasons for free online watching/downloading and I'm hoping it continues with this season.

On the downside, Crook has said this will be the last season for detectorists.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you Jeff ,it's not outrageous comedy ( like Monty Python ) but the drama is well done ,the characters are so well acted , and they get the whole- wonder, mystique, and crazy addiction of detecting ,and they present it really well ! One of my favorite shows for a while ,glad to hear of another season !!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it's coming back, sad it's only for 6 more episodes.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea! Hopefully it will eventually get around to where I can watch it.

callicles

Jan 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't wait! First heard about it on this web site and decided to watch it. At first I didn't know what to think about it, but after mid-way through the 3rd episode I was hooked!! My wife even started watching it!! I just hate season 3 will be the last!!
thanks for the heads up!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was on the PBS station on Sunday afternoons around 5, 5:30. Last show aired three Sunday's ago.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yay! And Boo! Dont think ive seen the second season yet, so more to look forward to.

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
I saw one episode begin with the main characters, who spend countless hrs hunting with expensive detectors, watching the news where some newbie finds a Roman cache worth millions with a cheap detector his first time out. The looks on thier faces was classic.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait! Very enjoyable series and I recently saw the similarities with the Staffordshire Hoard in the episodes at Bishop's farm.
'Dirt Sharks' Simon and Garfunkel are a hoot!

"Buttons? F*** off!"

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I see someone find a toy car it reminds me of this show lol. Also I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean recently and seen the guy with the glass eye(Ragetti) and was like hey that's the guy on Detectorists

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! IMHO, great news. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea but I got hooked on the show after first hearing about it here on TNet. I binge watched on Netflix and caught up. Glad to hear it'll have another season..even if it is the last!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whenever I see someone find a toy car it reminds me of this show lol. Also I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean recently and seen the guy with the glass eye(Ragetti) and was like hey that's the guy on Detectorists

That's also the guy that writes the show and came up with it in the first place! Mackenzie Crook.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is one of the best written shows I have ever seen. I have watched every episode at least twice. I do not even own a TV so I was able to view on netflix. Very funny show, subtle British humor, and great acting. I hope Netflix will carry it right away when it airs on BBC.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread