Caught my wife checking to see if I was Dead!

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has been seriously ill for over thirty years, and had cancer 4 times on top of her main illness. Sometime when she is so tired she cannot get out of bed, and it has been very quiet for too long I have to go upstairs stand there to see if she was still breathing. Barely, but still breathing is what I find. She gets so weak I would not be surprised if one day she is not breathing anymore. So, yea I have done it at times.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
My wife has been seriously ill for over thirty years, and had cancer 4 times on top of her main illness. Sometime when she is so tired she cannot get out of bed, and it has been very quiet for too long I have to go upstairs stand there to see if she was still breathing. Barely, but still breathing is what I find. She gets so weak I would not be surprised if one day she is not breathing anymore. So, yea I have done it at times.
Thats the serious side of this. What you said saddened me. You're a good and devoted husband. All good things are seen and blessed by heaven.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It's a woman-anxiety thing. One time I came in to see my dad laying on his side on the kitchen floor. I casually went to the other room and told my mom that he had either died or passed out. Upon further inspection he was actually fixing something under the table. lol I'm just so used to thinking people are dead that you get kind of numb to it after the 100th false alarm.
So true. My wife is unduly worried.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I check my own pulse frequently.

It really freaks me out when I can't find it, but not as much as it freaks other people out when I ask if I am alive yet.
Hey Buckshot, Don’t worry about not finding your pulses as long as you keep breathing.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife does this in the middle of the night sometimes. She is a career RN. The bad thing is when I wake up from my deepened slumber and respond, she seems somewhat disappointed.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to go like that !

Yeah, GAP, me too. In the words of Woody Allen (before he became a pervert and stopped being funny) "Its not that I am afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens". We can only hope.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have checked on hubby a few times, he usually snored so when things got too quiet, ya i would go investigate.
Kinda like when you have kids in the house and its gets "too" quiet...something's up.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Maybe your wife wants to move on with her new boyfriend.
Why? Whats wrong with the old boy friend. Actually some recent medical issues got her a bit worried. But I feel great and still working everyday after recovery. Thats why I fond her actions so funny. She doesn’t trust me when I tell her i’m just fine with i am.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, hubby has checked on me before. Hacked me off! Best sleep I had in days rudely interrupted.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, GAP, me too. In the words of Woody Allen (before he became a pervert and stopped being funny) "Its not that I am afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens". We can only hope.
He is a still Sicko. A new movie about him just came out.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago i laid down to take a nap. A couple of hours later I woke up with my wife hovering over me. She was checking to see if I was dead. She said my body was cold. (Air conditioning was on.) And that it looked like I wasn’t breathing. This is not the first time she has done this. She is always so cool, calm and collected about it. Does anyone else have people checking periodically to see if your dead? Actually I think it is quite funny when she does that. Twisted sense of humor that i have.

Perhaps she is Pro-2nd Amendment,,,,,

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has she been watching forensic files and taking notes??

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my wife I want to be cremated. She made an appointment for next Tuesday!

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
When i seen this thread i thought someone stole my identity. Then I vaguely recalled posting this thread. A lot has happened since 2017. She no longer checks to see if I'm still alive. I guess she just lost interest.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when this thread was originally posted I told the story of a friend whose husband died in his sleep while watching TV. A year ago my 40 year old nephew died in his sleep of undiagnosed heart disease. It happens so have your wives keep checking on you.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like there is always someone waking me up saying "hey are you ok"...

I am like "I am fine just checking my eyelids for holes".

Then... they always say and do the same thing... curiously enough as it is...

They then always stand straight up and say...

"um hey bartender down here ! ! !"

"can I get one of what this guy under the bar foot rail is having" ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread