Caught my wife checking to see if I was Dead!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
A few days ago i laid down to take a nap. A couple of hours later I woke up with my wife hovering over me. She was checking to see if I was dead. She said my body was cold. (Air conditioning was on.) And that it looked like I wasn’t breathing. This is not the first time she has done this. She is always so cool, calm and collected about it. Does anyone else have people checking periodically to see if your dead? Actually I think it is quite funny when she does that. Twisted sense of humor that i have.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm.
Skateboard on the steps, typewriter balanced on top of the door, oatmeal tastes funny again ,multiple life insurance policies stacked on the table next to a pile of garage sale signs and stickers....
I don't think anything suspicious is going on there Escape.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing happened to me.

But I was able to get the pillow off my face THE ADMIRAL was holding down with both hands.

I ain't dead yet!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same thing happened to me.

But I was able to get the pillow off my face THE ADMIRAL was holding down with both hands.

I ain't dead yet!

Did she try convincing you that you were having a dream and trying to eat a giant marshmallow?:laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That made me laugh hard. Some years ago I responded to a call to assist first responders at my neighbor Bill's house. His wife had called and said he wasn't breathing and she thought he was dead. We all came in, he was really old and I must admit he did kinda look dead, but when the medics started to yank him of the couch he came alive. He was my buddy and I was glad to see he was alive. He told me afterward 'It's a helluva thing to get old and you can't lie down and take a nap without everybody thinkin you're dead'. He lived a few more years after that, but I don't think he ever laid down on the couch and took a nap again.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you're not getting slowly poisoned, lol. Sorry it was too easy.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few days ago i laid down to take a nap. A couple of hours later I woke up with my wife hovering over me. She was checking to see if I was dead. She said my body was cold. (Air conditioning was on.) And that it looked like I wasn’t breathing. This is not the first time she has done this. She is always so cool, calm and collected about it. Does anyone else have people checking periodically to see if your dead? Actually I think it is quite funny when she does that. Twisted sense of humor that i have.

When you open your eyes, does she look concerned or hopeful? Do you have Life Insurance?

I never bought into the life insurance scam where you have to die to collect. I mean, why do you want Anyone to have a monetary incentive to see you dead? :dontknow:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cancel your life insurance!

Quick before its too late!!!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you notice any disappointment in her tone after waking up, or catch on to the fact that she wasn't calling for an ambulance?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it does happen. An acquaintance got up one morning and found her husband sleeping on the couch, arm under his head. Nothing out of the ordinary until she tried to wake him and discovered he was stone cold dead.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well it does happen. An acquaintance got up one morning and found her husband sleeping on the couch, arm under his head. Nothing out of the ordinary until she tried to wake him and discovered he was stone cold dead.
I want to go like that !

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
t seems you just can’t take a nap without someone checking your pulse.
829558198_7ed16b8213_b.jpg

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch out for wayward banana peels.

cb5a29b3b7508416fb6661717e29d7e9.jpg

FeralMermaid

Jun 10, 2017
Best state in the whole damn Union.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a woman-anxiety thing. One time I came in to see my dad laying on his side on the kitchen floor. I casually went to the other room and told my mom that he had either died or passed out. Upon further inspection he was actually fixing something under the table. lol I'm just so used to thinking people are dead that you get kind of numb to it after the 100th false alarm.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be worried when they pull down your pants and take your temperature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions