Detectorist

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what channel is it on? (dish)

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , I just saw it a couple months back , it is so well done - the writers / directors really get it ! The friends who turned me on to it aren't even into metal detecting ,and they loved it !!!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't ANYone ever use the search feature?

jeff, u bad.

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the show for sure! The one thing that bugs me is how they swing their detectors... They could have at least trained the actors on how to swing a danged detector.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the show for sure! The one thing that bugs me is how they swing their detectors... They could have at least trained the actors on how to swing a danged detector.

If i am not mistaken...i think they are real detectorists. I believe they are swinging the way they are to focus more on the conversations. Its kinda like Bruce lee in an action scene. Bruce Lee had to slow down his punches for effect.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff----I'm 62. I use Netflix. Sometimes I use the search engine, but generally won't admit to it. I like the show, and they are doing a 3rd season. I heard that recently. Guess its true.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to my old mind anything other than the dish remote is Oh so much trouble!

woah is me ( I am getting the vapors)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff, I thought you were stating the obvious and what has been posted on countless other threads of the same title. You are known to stick your tongue in your cheek sometimes.

It seems that once a month someone discovers the show and everyone is like 'wtf, that sounds great where can I see it'. Then someone posts the link to Daily Motion and it quiets down again until someone else who never uses the search feature posts 'wow, have you seen....'
ad infinitum. I even see people I KNOW I told where to watch it for free and they act like they've been in a cave for the last 10 years or something.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff----I'm 62. I use Netflix. Sometimes I use the search engine, but generally won't admit to it. I like the show, and they are doing a 3rd season. I heard that recently. Guess its true.
I'm 65, isn't "Netflix" something used for crabs or head lice.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up cable TV....along with all my hopes and dreams of ever seeing anything interesting.
I can barely reply to posts, the only searching I can do is with a metal detector.
...even now writing this it keeps wanting to send me to advanced mode, and I don't know why, and the icon box only half of it will appear on my screen. I can't drag it over it won't come, it just sits at the edge mocking me.
....and you want me to do what???
.....no, the world is a safer place if I don't....you like the planets aligned as they are, right?

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Since the actors ARE detectorists, I would like to see how YOU swing a coil. Perhaps you are the one doing it wrong, haha!

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere this November

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread