Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey T-netters, wasn't sure where to post this, coins, today's finds or here, but after the week from hell working out of town, I fell into a PILE of silver! I have more than a few friends who work at carry-outs, restaurants, drive-thru's, etc.. and they all keep an eye out for the older stuff for me. A couple weeks ago one supervisor at a coffee shop ran across 8 silver GW's and passed them along to me. Of course, everything is 100% legit and she has approval to do this as long as she buys them..at face value. I freaked over 8 silver quarters, as my silver finds (any finds are slim right now due to work). So, she contacts me while I'm out of state for work and says that she found 2 rolls of silver quarters, and asks me if I want them!!?? Duhhhh...YES!! So the next night I get a message, she's found more...a LOT more. Turns out, 6 1/2 rolls worth, (some were loose). I guess they got these from the bank when they went to get change, my guess is someone inherited gramps' coin collection and simply cashed them in. So I got back to town and we hooked up today, and sho' nuff...silver city. She would have been happy passing them along at face value but I couldn't do that, and I made it well worth her time, we BOTH ended up happy. So needless to say, my silver stack just grew significantly! Thx for looking...Ddf.

Attachments

• 20170930_131315.jpg
    20170930_131315.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2017-09-30-14-13-09.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-30-14-13-09.png
    981.1 KB · Views: 87

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge score!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugely huge. Haven't had this happen in a long time.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had something like that happen, amazing

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frickin awesome. I hope you at least bought her dinner.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy freaking wow! That's simply awesome...the silver gods certainly delivered!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the huge silver score! :notworthy:

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugely huge. Haven't had this happen in a long time.

Thx Smokey, I'd be smart to guess that this is one of those "once in a lifetime" things...so just hang in there and have some extra eyes out there...Ddf.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, $700+ in silver value!

Thx Fist...I keep stacking my silver away a few thin dimes or a couple quarters at a time, so the stack certainly grew overnite! I do not play the stock market (yet, at least) and it is fun watching PM prices, how they fluctuate, and what my stack is worth today. Thx again, Ddf.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pile!
And good on you for seeing that your networks well being increases when your own does.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Smokey, I'd be smart to guess that this is one of those "once in a lifetime" things...so just hang in there and have some extra eyes out there...Ddf.
Smokey did say Hugely Huge !! That I think is reserved for a once in a lifetime :)
But don't sell your self short on once in a lifetime. I for one believe that lightning does strike twice and that she is not done bringing you silver. My scores tend to run in 3's so when I get a good one like this I immediately start to wonder when the next one is coming!

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey did say Hugely Huge !! That I think is reserved for a once in a lifetime :)
But don't sell your self short on once in a lifetime. I for one believe that lightning does strike twice and that she is not done bringing you silver. My scores tend to run in 3's so when I get a good one like this I immediately start to wonder when the next one is coming!

Hmmm...yes you do have a point! I too, also believe in the "3's" theory...thx trd, I'll keep my eyes and ears to the ground waiting for the next windfall...Ddf

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome silver, that is a very sweet haul. sounds like you are not only rich in the silver but with some very good friends as well. Friends that are willing to look out for your benefit can be hard to find these days. Some of the richest people that I have known, were not in the best financial status but more than made up for it in the number of friends that would do anything for them. sounds like you are a very blessed man, there are many who would love to have friends like that. DL

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, I just noticed this post. You know some cool people for them to collect those for you. My buddy used to work in a candy store a few years back and he would occasionally get silver coins from some customers/banks. I'm scratching my head as to why people don't realize they are pretty much giving away silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions