Worst metal detecting disease

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My drug of choice is coils and shovels. Yep, my name is John and Im addicted.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, in fact I believe I maybe terminal! It amazes me how much time I spend "thinking about metal detecting", everywhere I drive I am looking for new sites, being highly motivated to get the honey do list done so I can get out there swinging. I get asked all the time if I have found anything really valuable, I reply "monetarily No, but physically, emotionally and mentally you can't beat this hobby!" Now that does not mean I don't want to find a gold coin!!

HH

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think what can make it "worse" is that after you jones for a detector and get it you don't like it. :laughing7:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m 100% a junkie. I’ll stay up all night and then go metal detecting in the morning and hour away and show up on our early before sunrise. I’m telling you I’m sick I’m just glad I got the most understanding wife in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know that your Hooked when you have three days off And Cant get out Detecting Because of the 93 foot long Fence that needs to be finished Knowing there is great stuff just down the Street Or At the Park:occasion14:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ya'll said. Sad but true, until I found that small silver cache (broken jar of coins) the past spring, I could have held all the silver coins I had EVER found in one hand. Must dig.....Must dig....10 below zero, ah, a warm spell, get out the mattock and DIG!

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Ferrous-Non disease, am affected by gun steel, Damascus steel, japanese steels, any forge or grinding area can put me in a happy coma, my mother was an engine lathe, father was an end mill, then I got into the hard stuff, Gold and Silver, so in order to recover I have to find all the lost AU and AG , copper, nickle ,zinc all that I can find, then I'll be cured.

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called "I want one of those" after seeing somebody's post. You guys ever get that way?

Most times I calm down when I see someone else's post with something even nicer.

I love this site.

Every time I see someone find a Spanish reale!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me, let's see if my memory is correct, about 49 years of looking for find my first gold coin. It was from a shipwreck on a beach. January 2013. Found my second, spring 2016, again on a beach, another beach. Last one, this summer, at yet another beach. You never know. Might be another 49 years before I get another one.

First gold jewelry EVER was in 2015, so that was 51 years from the time I first started looking for relics. Or something like that. I have found more this year than ever. Go figure. I think it's because I changed the types of places I was digging. Very few gold anythings on colonial sites. Or Civil War for that matter.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Metal detecting is not a disease, its a sickness with out a cure. See diagram.

SC5IM.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread