Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it actually rained all day long today! So very happy and thankful! The dirt roads, everywhere around here, were like talcum powder and if a logging truck has been using it, 3 to 6 inches deep. The dust would take your breath away and trying to follow another vehicle was terrible at best. But now, it has turned into mud but because it was a slow rain all day, it actually soaked in instead of running off. It also helped with the fire ban, was a lot of concerned people about fire. This year, we went from constant rain to crazy dry but this rain has given us some relief. As thankful as I am for this rain, I am mindful of those that have endured excessive amounts of water due to hurricanes and tropical storms. I have in the past, loaded up my 18 ft boat with as much valuable things from my house as fast as I could due to on coming wild fire. Fortunately, the wind changed plus the numerous firefighters with dozers created a decent fire break that managed to work. So, it felt very good to get rain in my face and I didn't mind my glasses getting wet either. Got to love that wet fresh air scent during and after a rain. the fact that it might help my detecting is great too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It REALLY needs to rain here. And get cooler. That's why I'm still doing beaches. Yellow jackets chased us last week, and just now I smashed a black widow spider in my kitchen. A really little one, but the pest control people who I subscribe with are getting a call in the am. I see about one every year or so outside here. Not inside, that's my turf.

lazyguru

Sep 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting for the rain to set in too. Supposed to be fall already, but last few days still feels like summer here in Vancouver.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It REALLY needs to rain here. And get cooler. That's why I'm still doing beaches. Yellow jackets chased us last week, and just now I smashed a black widow spider in my kitchen. A really little one, but the pest control people who I subscribe with are getting a call in the am. I see about one every year or so outside here. Not inside, that's my turf.

We only had 1 inch of rain in Sept. Ground is so hard and crumbly, I have been hitting the parks by the beach, where it is sandy diggin, just to get some hours under the headphones and hear some targets on this new Deus. Those Yellow Jackets scare me this time of year!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not a fan of the eight legged little creeps!!! Hell I don't even like a Daddy Long Legs on me!!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

not good finding a widow inside the house, over the years I have learned to look in all dark places for their tell tale fine webs. killed one in the shed this year and another one beside my seat in the boat when I took the tarp off. I always look for the egg sac as well and destroy it. Little ones always make me wonder exactly where did this one come from?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We only had 1 inch of rain in Sept. Ground is so hard and crumbly, I have been hitting the parks by the beach, where it is sandy diggin, just to get some hours under the headphones and hear some targets on this new Deus. Those Yellow Jackets scare me this time of year!

I hope you get some rain too, we had no rain in September. they claim we have a 40% chance again today, we'll see. good luck with your deus, I really love mine. so are you using the dry beach mode for that?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you get some rain too, we had no rain in September. they claim we have a 40% chance again today, we'll see. good luck with your deus, I really love mine. so are you using the dry beach mode for that?

Yes and Gary's hot program that comes with the ver.4

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rain, I didn't know it existed is that a mythical fairy tales, folklore? the last time I smelled or seen rain was 3 months ago in Ohio.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really poured for about a half hour today.
It cleared up enough to go sit around the fire ring.
It is supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow.
It's okay since I need to do some indoor painting.
The soil should be moist for the weekend.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dry as a bone in CT. Kind of weird digging in dusty soil after months of moist earth. But dig we will regardless! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a fan of the eight legged little creeps!!! Hell I don't even like a Daddy Long Legs on me!!!

We were outside cleaning up and all that fun stuff when my wife suddenly screamed out loud and began jumping like crazy while shaking and slapping at her hair. I immediately thought of wasps or yellow jackets but then she finally settled down as I searched for the culprits. She pointed at a crumpled daddy longlegs on the ground and then I could smell their pungent stink. I rolled my eyes at her but she just told me to get over it and went back to work.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dry as a bone in CT. Kind of weird digging in dusty soil after months of moist earth. But dig we will regardless! :thumbsup:

it seems like it dries out a lot faster than it gets moist

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've had rain the last 3 days, finally! Only yesterday was a steady soaking rain. Supposed to get thunder storms tomorrow night. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of it this weekend. I just adopted a newly weaned kitten and it will need lots of attention when it gets over being mad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread