Oak island, november 7th

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have found more gold with my ace 400 than they have with 2 million dollars.

Well you know what that means don't you ? It doesn't mean "there's no treasure there". No no no. It only means: "It's a little deeper". And if they go a little deeper and don't find treasure, does that mean "there's no treasure ?". No no no. It merely means "it's a little deeper".

Keep repeating this formula to infinity. And if they fail to find it, you know what that means ? It doesn't mean there's no treasure, it means "a little more to the right (or left, ... take your pick) . Repeat till infinity.

At NO time does it ever mean "a treasure isn't there".

You're right: They'd have done better off plying tot-lots with an Ace 400 ! :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe that crap is still getting renewed. I gave up on it years ago. They have been proven to be using fakes and planted finds to bolster the show (Roman sword anyone :laughing7: I bet you could find back up for sale on ebay where it came from)

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, they'll keep going a little deeper until no sponsor is left to let them dig into their pockets or accounts for money to dig with! If there was something there it is long since gone or not actually in the pit and buried at another point shallower and likely found by an earlier settler on the island. Hard to tell but how much do you dump down the hole before you say enough?:dontknow:

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show drove me nuts, half of the show is the same scenes over and over! I gave up on it quickly as well.

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they still digging there and is the show will ever be back on tv ?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found more gold with my ace 400 than they have with 2 million dollars.

Yeah, I bet you haven't make anywhere near as much money as they have by airing the show.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Lord, I am going to whine about it, but I will still watch it.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never seen the show. But I agree, I probably found more gold than treasure hunters have legitimately have on Oak Island.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize this is a TV show, but these guys are actually spending big money on all this. I don't know whether all of it is funny, sad or just pathetic. They are doing all of this based on the belief of stories. Stories with zero evidence of what was supposed to have been found there hundreds of years ago. They just keep believing all the myths. Every time they find a peice or remnant from a previous treasure dig attempt, they act like fools like they just a part of the queen's jewels.

I'm not opposed to people spending their money chasing dreams, but when it became clear they were planting finds for the show / investors I lost all respect for anything connected to it.

for those who enjoy it and keep watching it, let us know if they actually find real treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread