MAD

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Good on you for rescuing the kitten! We have rescued many Cats, some with kittens over the years and when the last one disappeared about 4 years ago, we said no more. Well, that did not last long because a Feral Cat and her two kittens came around looking for food and were skin and bones. I could not let them starve, so I went to the store and bought some cat food. One of the kittens disappeared but from the mom and the other kitten, we now have 15 adult/teenagers and three litters of kittens, two litters of five and one litter of seven. Feral Cats are sometimes a pain as they move their' kittens a lot and when one or two kittens get left behind too long, we get distressed about it and won't let them starve, so we feed them. Some of the adult and teenager cats will let us rub them and scratch their' heads but some others are still a little shy. It is time to find all of them homes but there are three that are so, so loving, that I know we and especially my daughter is going to have a hard time letting go. It is better to let them go, than risk them getting killed by a car (we live on a busy highway) or by Coyotes.

You might try catching the kitten by the nape of the neck which somewhat paralyzes them, rub it's head and back, then with a thick towel on your lap, slowly ease it down on the towel still rubbing it's head but make sure to keep a good grip on the nape of it's neck. If it calms down, try releasing your grip on it slowly while still rubbing it's head and back and see what it does. It will likely bail on you but that was a start and the next time will be even easier.

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread