Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was leaving for work this morning, a few minutes later than normal at 6:45 am, the neighbor in one of the front apartments was up and asked me if I was still looking to get a couple of kittens.

One of the feral cats he feeds had brought two of her kittens to his porch overnight. Now the company I rent from charges $200 security deposit plus $20/month per pet, unless you adopt a cat/kitten from one of the staff who runs a cat rescue. So I told him to call Lisa through the landlord.

Honestly by time I got home I had forgotten about the earlier conversation. (It was one very long day at work.) Just as I was coming up the steps to get the mail, I remembered the kittens. My neighbor came out at just about the same second. Turns out one of the kittens had disappeared twice. The other was still in a box he had put both of them in earlier that day. Our cat lady gave her blessing so no cat rent. Hoping the other kitten shows up. Her mama is obviously still around...she knows where her food is.

Anyway I'm glad he put them in a box. The kitten I adopted is really mad and won't let me touch her/him. I put a towel over the box to bring it up to my apartment. Took over two hours before it even came out of the box. Anyway these are pictures from the first 3 hours.

P.S. Kitty still won't let me near it. I have named it MAD.

1006171753.jpg
1006171824.jpg
1006172001.jpg
1006172046.jpg

P.P.S.
MAD hasn't even been tempted by the can of premium cat food I set out.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you didn't name it "psychotic".

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God bless you.

We have five now - all rescued. One was having seizures and two were in pieces from dog/coyote attacks (one has three legs & the other had his insides . . . outside).

The local shelter knows we are suckers for the unwanted & unloved.

Like anything else they will eventually recognize that you are investing care and/or love. Eventually you will get some back.

One of ours must have been REALLY abused by a man. She has lived with us 10 years and is just starting to stay calm when I approach her. But If I lay on the couch she is IMMEDIATELY on my chest and purring. We found her eating greasy McDonalds cardboard at a local notorious "drop off" ravine just outside the nearby city. Starved near to death. Now she is as pretty as a cat gets but she has issues for sure.

Cats, dogs and kids - you get back what you invest into them.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, a nice warm bath will do it. Can I buy disability insurance for you before you give the cat the bath? I have five now.

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God bless you.

We have five now - all rescued. One was having seizures and two were in pieces from dog/coyote attacks (one has three legs & the other had his insides . . . outside).

The local shelter knows we are suckers for the unwanted & unloved.

Like anything else they will eventually recognize that you are investing care and/or love. Eventually you will get some back.

One of ours must have been REALLY abused by a man. She has lived with us 10 years and is just starting to stay calm when I approach her. But If I lay on the couch she is IMMEDIATELY on my chest and purring. We found her eating greasy McDonalds cardboard at a local notorious "drop off" ravine just outside the nearby city. Starved near to death. Now she is as pretty as a cat gets but she has issues for sure.

Cats, dogs and kids - you get back what you invest into them.

All of my pets have been rescues, but yours are hard core rescues. My first dog earned her keep by alerting me to someone in my bushes. She is the only pet I have a memorial tattoo of. Her name was Violet.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good looks on taking in a kitty. I adopted a dumpster kitty myself.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you for adopting him. I have a rescue Siamese, he is the best pet I have ever had. There was a small kitten in the Wal-Mart parking lot last week, I tried to grab him so he wouldn't get run over but he wasn't having any of it and was off in a flash. I just hope he didn't wind up getting run over, I felt really bad that I wasn't able to grab him - that parking lot is no place for a kitten.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I predict that is going to be the best cat you have ever had. There is something good about him.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mad may soon turn into Maddy, just one of the family. Congrats on your new fury friend.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We once had a very angry cat, one that was very quick to leave you bleeding so it was donated to a friend to become a barn cat where it was very happy. usually a cat born in the "wild" and never handled by humans when very small, tend to act that way. some settle down and become great pets, others, well, not so great pets. only time will tell. good luck

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that so many of us on T-Net are such soft hearted suckers,..........and I think it's just one more reason why I like it here.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I adopted 3 from a shelter. We'd lost all three of our elderly cats in the previous months and Mom was absolutely heart broken.

I'd heard of the 3 kittens from a friend, fetched them and surprised Mom, and all three got in her lap :)

That was a year and a half ago and Mom is still kicking at 92 and sharing her bed with two of them. The third one sleeps with me :)

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i got my cat when i was little i wash outside and she came up to me so me and my family took her in we named her ms. priss

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doing kind things for something that can never pay you back is Noble ....Good on all of You !
Gary

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a cutie, sucker for tabbies it seems. So how's day #3 going?

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a cutie, sucker for tabbies it seems. So how's day #3 going?

She is still spending most of her time hiding behind the refrigerator. She did make her way into the bathroom and used the litter box. She also made it downstairs to the front door.

But she still won't let me near her. I think she's still massively p.o.'d at her mother for kicking her out of the nest.

Giving her time and space. Plus talking to her. She's coming along on her schedule.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some under a shed I built a few years back. The big ol thing slept with me last night. Now if you want to know how to settle em down I can tell ya, but Im a old farmer and my ways are not always understood. When I die, I hope I come back as one of my pets though.

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found some under a shed I built a few years back. The big ol thing slept with me last night. Now if you want to know how to settle em down I can tell ya, but Im a old farmer and my ways are not always understood. When I die, I hope I come back as one of my pets though.

What's your trick?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions