Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had returned a gold class ring to a woman a year or two ago. The woman didn't seem very appreciative at the time plus was living a not so good life style. I wondered if I was in fact contributing to a drug habit by giving her something that she could pawn for cash. My wife went into a store this evening and the cashier had a common name that was spelled very differently than normal. My wife recognized the name and asked if she was the same woman. Well, she was although she had lost some weight and actually looked great. She had gone through a very tough time back then and her husband had ended up dying. She actually wore the class ring all the time until she lost enough weight that she was worried that she would lose it. This was a changed woman from who I had given the ring to and she was now very appreciative and thankful. This was a very welcomed surprise and to see how she had turned her life around was even better. The ring return had somehow awaken her to try to do better. I just think that it was cool to see something good come out of a simple return. And that is just another reason to make returns, sure some may not seem thankful but then we don't always know what the person is going through at the time. So now I can say four class ring returns that were all very appreciated. I'm ready to find another one to return, if you haven't yet, it is worth it! DL

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One sometimes never knows what they do in life that will be the game changer for someone else to turn their life around. Stories like this makes it all worth while returning something back to the original owner. Well done & thanks for the happy outcome for this return.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I recall you mentioning this story before. Anyhow, grateful your beloved was "guided" across her path once again. These things may seem "coincidental" to some but, I believe otherwise. Nice to know doing the right thing hasn't completely gone out of style. Not to mention, as you stated, can be the little "push" a person needs to make a course correction. Well done.:icon_salut:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful story and you never go wrong by giving back what belongs to someone! Nicely done!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you just have to trust that it will have a good out come.
It's really great when you're allowed to see it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great story with a nice ending. I would like to experience something like that one day. Thanks for sharing. HH

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad everything worked out for the best.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you just have to trust that it will have a good out come.
It's really great when you're allowed to see it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Another Amen! Doing what is right and proper always has a positive outcome. Some times we just can't see it upon the surface. It indeed is a true blessing when we are graced with seeing it come to fruition in the natural. it is true wisdom to those who have developed eyes to see and ears to hear these things for what they really are. Sounds like you have such wisdom. Blessed are those who through much experience have received this gift.:hello:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great story with a nice ending. I would like to experience something like that one day. Thanks for sharing. HH

It is the "unexpected" finds that send us researching original owners or their relatives remaining that have been my most memorable treasure hunting experiences. Sure, rare coins & relics are fun and cool but, returning a lost artifact has the tenancy to take our treasure hunting "recovery" into a totally new dimension. As my most recent return of a pair of brass rail road baggage tags has opened up hundreds of acres of new hunting lands and new relationships with property owners. Keep after it mate and keep your motives true and honest and you may get the opportunity to see this come about for you as well. It can be MIND BLOWING to see what doing the right thing will bring about!:icon_thumright:

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!! Would love to return one! I was only able to help with a WWII bracelet return, that I did not found. It was found in France by somebody else. I got in touch with the right people and it found its home after all those years.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is really crazy, my 1st class ring return was to a woman that was going through a very rough time. she had lost both of her parents and her husband of 20 years or so had left her for another. She said that her world seemed to be collapsing around her when my wife and I contacted her through facebook. She told us when we finally made it over to where she worked in Hot Springs, that this ring return was like a God send. She has kept up with us via facebook and just this weekend let us know that she was getting married. She had told us that she couldn't see how her life would ever be happy again...before the ring return. She tells us that it was the changing point for her and helped her refocus. She also said that the last couple of years have been her happiest. I don't believe in coincidence but I do believe that we can be used by God when we are willing vessels. I also believe that it only takes a moment to lift someone up. I was detecting in a small park a month ago when this guy came up and then told me about his friend getting his ring back. That was when I told him that it had been me that found and returned it. I heard him say "wow, cool," as he walked off.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is really crazy, my 1st class ring return was to a woman that was going through a very rough time. she had lost both of her parents and her husband of 20 years or so had left her for another. She said that her world seemed to be collapsing around her when my wife and I contacted her through facebook. She told us when we finally made it over to where she worked in Hot Springs, that this ring return was like a God send. She has kept up with us via facebook and just this weekend let us know that she was getting married. She had told us that she couldn't see how her life would ever be happy again...before the ring return. She tells us that it was the changing point for her and helped her refocus. She also said that the last couple of years have been her happiest. I don't believe in coincidence but I do believe that we can be used by God when we are willing vessels. I also believe that it only takes a moment to lift someone up. I was detecting in a small park a month ago when this guy came up and then told me about his friend getting his ring back. That was when I told him that it had been me that found and returned it. I heard him say "wow, cool," as he walked off.

Yet another, NOT, coincidence. Do we really need any more examples?:icon_scratch::nono::headbang:

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love endings like this. I seem to notice things out of pace on the ground and in 2005 I found a total of 9 wallets on the street or parking lots in Maryand,Virgina and DC as well as a combo purse/diaper bag in Austin Texas while there for training for Dell. I love the look on people's faces when you return them with all their money and Id's. Its a look of shock when you refuse a reward. I believe what goes around comes around.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
dirt-looter: Great story. Kudo's to you. And that's part of the hobby , is to solve the sherlock holmes "who-dunnit-mysteries". Thanx for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread