Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first US buckle with a Delta 4000, then my banner CS buckle was found with the ATP, I now hunt with the CTX.
All these machines are only as capable as the operator.

HH, RN

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I found the 5 Walking Liberty Halves spill, I was using a Fisher F75, with a stock coil... I have used all brands of machines in my 28 years of hunting. I think experience and location are more important , than the machine..

It's like fishing ::: 10 percent of the fishermen, catch 90 percent of the fish.....

10 percent of the guys detecting, find 90 percent of the coins.....

10 percent of the people that own a machine, use them every week.... It's amazing how many people, have a machine in the closet, collecting dust....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 1877 Indian Head was detected by my F75LTD. I agree with the comments that it's not just the detector, but the location and how well you understand your detector.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting question by Smokey, I've sometimes wondered that myself, but I would agree with Relic nut, "Only as capable as the operator". To me it's more 25% machine, 25% skill, and 50% luck, after all, it still comes down to sweeping the coil over that one square inch of planet earth to find that great target. How many times have we gone to what we thought would be a great place to detect, with visions of silver coins dancing through our heads, only to come up pretty much empty handed, other times, out of shear boredom,, go to a parking strip or something, not expecting much, and find that "WOW" item. Sure, the machine, the operator, both DO factor in, but there are days I believe it's the amount of luck? that the Treasure God's are willing to bestow upon us. "Like my mama always said, "Life is like a box of chocolate's, you never know what your going to get" That's all I have to say about that. "Forrest Gump"

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are all absolutely correct. I use the Deus and Cibola these days. It's due to their light weight, and capabilities. People do buy machines that wind up as dust catchers, that is true. It is not so much the machine, but the user. My two most valuable finds were made with $400 Tesoros. I like the lightweight machines due to the arthritis. I'm sure the CTX 3030, F75 and AT PRos, which are some of the better loved machines out there, are fine. I had an AT Pro but sold it. A little complicated to use, for me, and it was too heavy. Same thing with the other two. The manufacturers need to get with the program and redesign their machines to not look like heavy duty weedeaters, they are too heavy. Note to all: microcircuits and carbon fiber exists! Use it! People really don't need to swing 5-8 pound machines out there anymore. My old Whites I think it was a 4000 would dig Civil War lead, but refused to eat Revolutionary War buttons. Fortunately way back then I found the Tesoro line and have used them ever since. Found over 100 Rev War marked buttons in my career.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread