Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Stormtrooper154
  • 1 Post By Farwalker

Thread: Oregon Metal detecting laws

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2007

Oregon Metal detecting laws

Does anyone know if they are still trying to ban metal detecting in Oregon? Senate bill 64 was introduced a few years ago but I haven't been able to figure out what happened to it? If ya have info on it please reply.

Thanks

Apr 2005
    Snohomish Area
    Whites, Minelab

Re: Oregon Metal detecting laws

Quote Originally Posted by notanothertodd
    Does anyone know if they are still trying to ban metal detecting in Oregon? Senate bill 64 was introduced a few years ago but I haven't been able to figure out what happened to it? If ya have info on it please reply.

Thanks
    I think it died last year
    happiness is a cold toilet seat in a public restroom

Jul 2007

The bill is dead for now, but tragically we are a liberal state at least up north, and the Dems will never stop trying to take away rights of free Americans.

Aug 2007

Thanks guys you took a lot off my mind. Im with ya the Dems in the state are nothing but tree hugging homos. The only thing that will be legal soon is smoking weed and practicing bestiality.

May 2003
    long island ny
    white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar

don't they have anything better to do? my god... thats rediculous

Nov 2006
    Portland, OR
    Minelab Explorer SE
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphw
    don't they have anything better to do? my god... thats rediculous
    Yes, They have a lot of things better to do...But they choose to try and make new rules and laws that effect only the law abiding citizens that will fallow them. The criminals still going to do whatever they want, just us good people suffer....as with most "banning laws" that the Dem's seem to come up with!
    scurvy_seadog likes this.

us
    Ken Cunningham

Aug 2011
    Oregon
    Eagle Spectrum/6000-DI Pro-sl/Gold-Stinger/CZ7a/ ML750/Tm808/XLT-E/GTX2500/GB/GB2/Ml-Sov./ CZ3D
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Messing in the private affairs of others seems to be a favorite past-time of theirs. They think their ideas are superior to unlike minded Citizens. A little known or discussed fact. At one time almost 50% of the Democratic Party were Communist.
    Last edited by Farwalker; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Unfinished!
    scurvy_seadog likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    1841 times
    All they are doing is making a criminal out of me. Right now if you want to detect a beach you need to get a state permit for that particular beach, good for a year, no fee, just a paper and a lecture. I got one for Sunset Beach out of Coos Bay. All it says is that you have to turn any valuable find, ring etc. over to them to try and find the owner. Then after a certain period of time they are supposed to turn it back over to you. In Douglas County we are a bunch of rednecks, and the county doesn't care what you do, short of smoking dope in the park. No permits or rules other than don't leave holes. The park attendant even told me where a young lady got mad at her boy friend and threw the ring at him, and then they never found it. I didn't either. I don't get over to the coast that often, but at the county park at the mouth of the Umpqua River, the beach is state, but the county runs it, so we just detect there and don't bother to ask, and nobody has said a darn thing. Trouble is the people drive a lot of ATV's in the dunes, and they drink a lot of beer, and it's the most unreal amount of can slaw ever. I think Federal land it's still OK to look for gold, I've never been stopped, but if I am, my plan is to tell them I'm nugget hunting. The feds don't want you taking anything that's over 50 years old, and I would never, ever, do that, but while I'm nugget hunting I do the right thing and clear up the trash, bottle caps and pop tabs -- you know -- stuff like that.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

us
    May 2013
    Riddle,Oregon
    minelab 705-Gold pack
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by BosnMate View Post
    All they are doing is making a criminal out of me. Right now if you want to detect a beach you need to get a state permit for that particular beach, good for a year, no fee, just a paper and a lecture. I got one for Sunset Beach out of Coos Bay. All it says is that you have to turn any valuable find, ring etc. over to them to try and find the owner. Then after a certain period of time they are supposed to turn it back over to you. In Douglas County we are a bunch of rednecks, and the county doesn't care what you do, short of smoking dope in the park. No permits or rules other than don't leave holes. The park attendant even told me where a young lady got mad at her boy friend and threw the ring at him, and then they never found it. I didn't either. I don't get over to the coast that often, but at the county park at the mouth of the Umpqua River, the beach is state, but the county runs it, so we just detect there and don't bother to ask, and nobody has said a darn thing. Trouble is the people drive a lot of ATV's in the dunes, and they drink a lot of beer, and it's the most unreal amount of can slaw ever. I think Federal land it's still OK to look for gold, I've never been stopped, but if I am, my plan is to tell them I'm nugget hunting. The feds don't want you taking anything that's over 50 years old, and I would never, ever, do that, but while I'm nugget hunting I do the right thing and clear up the trash, bottle caps and pop tabs -- you know -- stuff like that.
    I'm from d.county too. Just bought a Mine Lab 705 for nugget hunting but I am waiting for the 6" coil for that. So coin hunting is all I'm doing. Not much success
    worked for a local logger for 8 years so know lots of good sites, and I am sure they will give me permission to hunt them.just low on gas right now.

Sponsors