Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel left out of the "what is it" club.:laughing7: Will someone explain what it is in what is it that is going on?:laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, when I first posted, it looked like somebody spammed it. One member answered like 25 threads in a row. Must of just been somebody having a good time posting. False alarm.

There are always members who are serial responders because they are trying to boost their post count for some weird reason. Some times its just the same reply posted over and over and over in every thread they can find. There used to be a member here who serial posted a thumbs-up emoticon in every single thread. He was annoying but people ignored it until someone posted about the passing of their father and this idiot posted another thumbs-up. People kinda unloaded on him for that.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
There are always members who are serial responders because they are trying to boost their post count for some weird reason. Some times its just the same reply posted over and over and over in every thread they can find. There used to be a member here who serial posted a thumbs-up emoticon in every single thread. He was annoying but people ignored it until someone posted about the passing of their father and this idiot posted another thumbs-up. People kinda unloaded on him for that.

When I was new, I once needed around 30 posts for a new ranking, so I posted on every thread on page one of Today's Find. At least I still wrote at least a sentence or too, and each post was different and made sense. I then got a PM from someone asking me to stop, and they said that they told the mods about it. I immediately stopped, realized just how annoying I was, and hoped that I wasn't going to get banned. Looking back, I still feel embarrassed over that whole incident, it seems quite childish now.

:icon_thumright:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was new, I once needed around 30 posts for a new ranking, so I posted on every thread on page one of Today's Find. At least I still wrote at least a sentence or too, and each post was different and made sense. I then got a PM from someone asking me to stop, and they said that they told the mods about it. I immediately stopped, realized just how annoying I was, and hoped that I wasn't going to get banned. Looking back, I still feel embarrassed over that whole incident, it seems quite childish now.

:icon_thumright:

I don't get what you did wrong... :dontknow: You posted in every thread? and someone told you to stop? I'm still dumb to forum etiquette. And I can see someone maybe being suspicious, but who would that actually really bother enough to pm and report you?:laughing7: That Idea cracks me up more than you posting in all the today's finds threads. I've probably done that in some forums at times not even thinking.:laughing7: Just showing support for someone that took the time to post their find or topic.

There are nights and some days, I'm bored out mind and post all over the place.:laughing7: Or get stuck on topics and hang out posting in the thread as I'm working on stuff jumping back and forth, usually the political forum, but not always. :laughing7:

I can't think of ever being annoyed by someone posting, confused at times, but who cares.The last Thread I was watching had someone posting tons of posts in a row quoting their own posts. That was a little odd, and drew me in out of curiosity. :laughing7: I've even started threads on projects or topics, away from the computer for a few days or weeks, then forget all about them. Can't even find them half the time unless they pop up on active topics while I'm watching.:laughing7:

At times this is my only link to people outside of the house! I just want to talk about anything! Whatever! It does not matter.....:laughing7:

See? I'm doing it here! Off topic rambling nonsense! But it kept me busy for a few minutes. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last Thread I was watching had someone posting tons of posts in a row quoting their own posts. That was a little odd, and drew me in out of curiosity.

LOL, I know who your referring to. I saw the same thing (in many threads) and I kept wondering "am I the only one seeing this?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions