Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only ring i happened to find had enough detail and info (complete name) to return.
I google her name, narrowed it down to approximate age by date on grad ring, and i did with hold some details which she readily filled in. So it was returned.

I am still however....waiting for the photo of her with it, my only request. [emoji53]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only ring i happened to find had enough detail and info (complete name) to return.
I google her name, narrowed it down to approximate age by date on grad ring, and i did with hold some details which she readily filled in. So it was returned.

I am still however....waiting for the photo of her with it, my only request. [emoji53]

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have never found a ring that I could return. That is actually on my bucket list.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had the pleasure of returning a few items, I got no warm fuzzies on the last though.:dontknow:
Was detecting submerged at a town beach, bystander informed me of someone just losing wedding band.
i inquired of the loser :laughing9: approx location and metallic comp, informed of silver composition.
As the area of loss was known, I expected a quick find.
spent rest of my day in ever expanding circles w no results.
Next visit to this productive site, I recover a mans stainless band just under the surface near site of reported loss.
When I searched for it on day of loss, I ignored all low tones.
Contacted the loser, described the ring in detail, except for being stainless, he replied, yup that's it.
then informed him it was stainless, that's where difficulties began.
Several meets cancelled at last minute by him, and when I finally met him (at 10:30pm, dimly lit parking lot in sketchy neighborhood, and he is accompanied by a half dozen of his "boys"🤡
Bad attitude, no offer of reward, (return is the reward for me, but it's always nice to hear the offer)
not even a thank you.....
my best theory is maybe he told the wife it was silver and I was a risk for her discovering the deception🙄
Who knows. All I'll say is that the whole thing was a bad experience, and in hindsight it seems he did not want me to return it.
I have every piece of jewelry that I've recovered in my career, and always hope to return any to the rightful, and hopefully happy losers.
Many happy returns to all😉

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions