A question for MXT users and rings

R

robert roy

I found two rings in the park today useing my Ace250.
They look in good condition compared to the coins I dug up with them. They are very thin almost like tin.
They look like gold but one of them has HONG KONG stamped inside, not a good sign
for value. Soooo I cleaned them up and ran my MXT over them.

The MXT reads on both of them as follows:
Jewelry Mode
74,76,74,77 ( usually it stays on 76 ) 1cent .10cent
The black bar underneath is solid and full. It seems certain its 1 cent or .10 cents.????

I thought useing the MXT I could tell if they fell
into the gold range or not.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

joya_dorado

Feb 13, 2005
San Marcos, TX
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I would say the MXT algorithms are doin the best they can. The 70's are pretty close to the range of some gold objects and as you said it is unlikely these are really gold so who knows what skanky alloy you got there? Whats curious to me is how sensitive my ears have become to the different twips, squeeks and grunts the MXT makes in response to various common objects like screws, nails, bullets and the much-hated pull tabs. I find myself looking at the LCD display less and less.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Unfortunately they are definitely not gold. Man, if gold only rang up that high, it would be great. That being said, I like finding rings, junk or not.

OP
OP
R

robert roy

Thank you all for the input. I think its probably aluminum.
Robert R

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
packerbacker said:
Gold, with the MXT, registers around 20-22.

Edited:
From what I have heard the MXT is a great gold machine.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ant said:
packerbacker said:

Yeah, if the gold is big enough. But the MXT won’t pick up on small gold bracelets, chains and rings.

Respectfully, Ant...I have found small gold rings with my MXT. The reading on those were 6-10. :)

Robert....You think those rings may be copper?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Small rings and thin bracelets or necklaces ring up as foil. My lowest reading was a 4 on a childs thin 14k bracelet. I rarely dig foil signals so it's no telling how many gold bracelets or small gold I may have passed over. My wedding band is pretty wide and thick and 14k, it comes in at a 35. Wide range.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Nana40 said:
Ant said:
packerbacker said:

Yeah, if the gold is big enough. But the MXT won’t pick up on small gold bracelets, chains and rings.

Respectfully, Ant...I have found small gold rings with my MXT. The reading on those were 6-10. :)

Robert....You think those rings may be copper?

Hey, you're right. I had a brain lapse or something because I was thinking DFX, and he is plainly talking MXT, a dedicated gold machine. Thanks for catching that, and sorry for me being a such a bonehead on Monday. I'm going to edit that out.

Thanks and HH.

OP
OP
R

robert roy

I don't know if they are copper. Really, I think they might be aluminum or something like that. Still, it was nice to find these things.

Just ordered my Eclipse 5.3 today so I should be able to use the MXT full time now. I have been relying on my ACE 250 to do the parks with my sniper coil.

Thanks again

Regards
RobertR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread