Had a nice chat with Treasure Hunter Bob Brewer from Hatfield Ark.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last month has been very challenging to say the least, numerous trips to hospitals for both the wife and I as well as the cardiologists. One gets reminded of what is really important to you and what can wait. So the detecting has been on the back burner. However, yesterday I was contacted by a man who had lost something important. He is a contractor and had broken off the outside tooth of his backhoe bucket. He had tried the three only places around to find a replacement part but nobody had the right size. He was looking at going to Alma, about 125 miles away to see if this guy had the right size. He needed to get it fixed so that he got take care of a job today. Anyways, he remembered me and so contacted me. He knew when it had broken off but he had to get several more loads hauled before he could stop to look for it. So after checking the wet mushy digging site out for about an hour, we went to the site where he had taken about six loads. This site was loaded with big iron in the ground and drove me nuts as we chased great signals that ended up being in the ground. He thought that it had to be in the farthermost three piles so that was where we started. It wasn't in them and so I began working the remaining piles, working my way back to the truck. Finally in the last pile (actually the first pile that we walked past) I managed to find the part. He was tired, hot and frustrated and then out rolled the part so his day finally got better. He wanted to pay me but I don't charge to help someone, besides, I needed this too. Then today, I am in the local thrift shop when I run into Bob Brewer and his lovely wife. Bob was looking tired but when I shook his hand, he suddenly remembered who I was and then the twinkle in his eyes returned. He told me about his next treasure hunting book and we both talked about we had been doing. It was good to see him so excited and good to see the that the drive for treasure hunting was still burning strong in him. The really cool part was when I told him that I had found a part for his nephew just the day before. Bob sure likes to talk and I have meant to go by his home to visit but haven't yet, guess I need to make some time soon. Really cool to be able to talk with someone like him and he has a lot to share or tell. So, it was a pretty good day in spite of things. Tomorrow, it's back to another hospital but hopefully for a short visit. Still a very blessed man. DL

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you've been real busy. Kudos to you for taking the time to help others.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep help can be in the smallest things, a part found, a hand shake, a smile, a few words, sometimes can just turn things around.
Wish you and the wife the best.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, Bob has done a lot and has the proof that he has done it. I was blown away by the number of gold and silver coins that he has found. He absolutely loves treasure hunting and loves deciphering maps and codes. His only complaint is growing old and being less able to physically get out there and doing it. He is pretty certain that there is still several treasures to be found. When he is gone, there will be a lot of knowledge and experience lost forever. When we usually meet, there is just not enough time to absorb what he has to share. I have always looked to the elderly for their knowledge and experiences, we can walk by someone who has been part of something very important or exciting and we have no clue of it. It is very easy to assume that an old shriveled up farmer has only been a simple farmer all his life. Then, after he passes, you find out that he was not only the sole survivor of an island over run by the Japanese in WWII but the recipient of numerous medals. Bob has been using the power of the computer to make better use of his knowledge of treasure hunting. Guys like Bob are a treasure chest of info in themselves. I just wish that thirty plus years ago, that I had known more about him when I was still more than able to get out and hunt. Bob has the kind of mind that you want to sit down and pick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread