Ozarkdigger

Greenie
Feb 27, 2017
Jefferson city mo
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered my at max on May 10th from metaldetector.com. after the release date i started to see people getting them shipped. I called them and they kept putting me off. I cancelled my order and found one in stock at ft bedford. Anyway. The first time i took it out it ran flawless. Found shell fragments and lead balls from the shell. Next time i took it out it jumped all over the place. But wouldnt hit on anything not even my shovel. Just took it out today ground balanced it correctly but would not hit on anything not even my shovel again.is anyone having these issues? If so what did you do. Im afraid im gonna have to send it back.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you using the stock coil? The only problem I had was one time with my Thunder coil but it was only a one time weird thing. I love my Max more than my ATP and my F75 Ltd. It’s a mid tone killer I’ve scored the same amount of War, V and Buffalos in the last month then I did the entire years. Maybe I got luckier or better or the AT Max just agrees with me more. Hey the way I’m looking at it is why ask why I’m just grateful to have it. Either way I hope everything works out for you because there’s nothing to like being frustrated with your detector especially when it’s brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett has an excellent after sales customer response team. Don't be afraid to call them. They may be able to walk you through your settings. It may be something simple.
Good luck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely try the stock coil. I had an AT Pro once with a bad coil right out of the box new. They took care of it.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! Yea i just have the stock coil. Gonna try it again tomorrow .

The Max with the stock coil ground balances easily, not sure why you wouldn’t hear a shovel lol Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Oh and yes Garrett has excellent customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread