pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm gonna assume you're joking. That smoke will kill you real quick buddy, fire part won't matter. Get rid of that open heater, get somethin else goin on. Fire is nothin to mess around with, and these days we have the ways and means to early detect them and get out ok. But if you do decide to live the outlaw life and everything goes up in flames and you are able to get out, do not decide you need to go back in for a detector or whatever. There was a guy who successfully escaped a house fire, but ran back in for something seconds before I arrived, and he burned to death because when I did get there, I couldn't get in to get him out.

We lost a neighbour this very summer also, ran back in and that was the end, his wife and brother were watching from the outside through the window helpless.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the question everyone (but me) is afraid to ask
" what are you doing with such girlie curtains?" lace really?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the question everyone (but me) is afraid to ask
" what are you doing with such girlie curtains?" lace really?

?Sorry I don't know from "Lace" ? (family Dollar Curtains)I do know they were cheap.
and considering the results, I'm glad that's what she picked out for me.
I would have picked out cotton.

shopping.jpg

Not sure how that would have Fared

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gi0phy.gif glad your ok

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't get it for My house. Would need to tear it Down & rebuild, So Yes home insurance-such a waste of money !
when I had it, it was like, Spend $10,000 Here,
Spend $20,000 Here Make your Monthly Payment to us, Spend another $10,000 Here. Do this, Do That. Not enough We're Dropping you ! ya Know they doubled my Payments when they found out I was on a Fixed Low income ? :unhappysmiley: Not sure if it's fear I'd scam them, Or
knowing I can't afford to make my house look like a 22st Century
Mansion that protects itself from fire and the weather, & needing them. first time I reported a Roof Leak they dropped me like a Hot potato

What's the point of having insurance if you can't use it to pay for some disaster? Instead you need to pay tons of money to have your home be completely disaster proof, then the insurance company has less of a chance of having to pay for any incidents. I should get in on the home insurance business, I could make a fortune! :laughing7:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sad that I can't use the 250 year old open hearth fireplace at my place, apparently it isn't safe anymore (it was found behind a wall in the kitchen 30 years ago). I might be able to use the attached beehive oven though, with some work on it. I am not going to take any risks though. These old two floor farmhouses, with dry exposed beams everywhere, the house being made up of attached long narrow one room additions leading to the barn, are just a fire waiting to happen!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread