Laser74

Oct 30, 2017
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I would look around for a discontinued Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro which a few sites seem to have for about $256 or the new version is the Ameritek Liberator which goes for $349 but you can easily get a $50 discount and free shipping coupon from several places.

https://www.tekneticsdirect.com

Way more features than that Delta and most importantly a bigger coil and ground balancing.

• V-Break®, variable tone breakpoint
• Pinpoint mode with depth indicator
• Discrimination, motion, no motion
• Variable notching
• Large 2-digit numeric Target-ID numbers, from 1-99
• Adjustable sensitivity and discrimination
• Ground Grab®, computerized ground balancing
• 2 search modes
• 4-Tone Audio-ID
• 11-inch waterproof DD searchcoil

Now includes a FREE Pinpointer!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not new to metal detecting, I just haven't owned one in a long time. I used to have a Whites Eagle Spectrum but sold it years ago. Now I'm looking to buy another detector under $300. I am leaning toward the Teknetics Delta 4000. Think that is a safe bet??
Thanks for any help

Welcome to T-Net Laser74! :hello: With a budget of $300.00 you have a very good choice of machines and brands. Take some FREE advice, and visit our trusted Treasurenet Sponsors Supporting Vendors

Look at the Tesoro Silver uMax, and the Mojave, before you make your decision! :skullflag:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post Laser7 - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
2nd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also remember that with a budget of 300 dollars you will want to include a decent digging tool, pouch for finds and trash, and a pin-pointer. Nothing ruins detecting like not having the proper supporting tools.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net Laser74! :hello: With a budget of $300.00 you have a very good choice of machines and brands. Take some FREE advice, and visit our trusted Treasurenet Sponsors Supporting Vendors

Look at the Tesoro Silver uMax, and the Mojave, before you make your decision! :skullflag:

Ditto

OP
OP
L

Laser74

Oct 30, 2017
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your thought. I appreciate it. I never knew picking a detector would be so hard. I can't wait to finally have one and start hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread