For all you investors out there

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab quattro and AT Pro
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this so if I'm wrong just move it where you think it should be...

Anyway have any of you folks out there invested it bitcoin? Just curious because I was just turned on to it a few days ago....I have been aware of it for a few years and never acted on it until my buddy mentioned it the other day...In Nov 2016 it sold for around $700 and a year later it's about $6500...I'm kicking myself for not investing when I saw it for $2 a share a few years ago....Well anyway yesterday I finally made my 1st buy at $6400 (didn't invest that much tho).
Just wondering if anyone else here has played this game or currently playing that might give me some tips
The are predicting $7500 next month and 10k in January....debating with myself on buying more.

Happy Hunting
Phil

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Who's doing this predictions?

I don't believe fortune tellers, especially when they are trying to sell me an investment.

Hi Duck...It's speculation but if you look at the trend it kind of speaks for itself...My friend has made $2000 in 2 weeks on a 3k investment....nobody tries to sell you bitcoin...you do all the work yourself...Check out Coinbase and there is a graph from 2013 when it was 13.00 to today when it's almost 6600.00...There are a lot of big box stores now that accept bitcoin as payment and a lot of rich people like Richard Branson and Steve Jobs that are promoting it also....I normally shy away from investments but I like this crypto currency because the gov doesn't have their fingers in the proverbial pot
unlike the NASDEQ & the S&P that have a few billionaires manipulating it with their money...Anyway check it out if your interested.
Here is a pic of today's activity

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    129.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought about buying a thousand when it was 11.something.
I guess you know I wish now that I had!
No Way I'd touch it now that its gotten into the mainstream. But that's just me.

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
I thought about buying a thousand when it was 11.something.
I guess you know I wish now that I had!
No Way I'd touch it now that its gotten into the mainstream. But that's just me.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel...If you had bought that then you would be a multi millionaire now...I first heard about it online when it was about 2.00 but of course I didn't....lol. I'm just hoping now that some of the predictions come true.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant believe this OP hasn't been busted here
Where are the mods?
the OP is trying to promote - IMO

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant believe this OP hasn't been busted here
Where are the mods?
the OP is trying to promote - IMO

Promote what!?..OP simply asking for opinions on bitcoin investment, not asking for anybody to invest or donate...legitimate query, I was actually curious myself. Go polish your forum police badge somewhere else...IMO

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
Promote what!?..OP simply asking for opinions on bitcoin investment, not asking for anybody to invest or donate...legitimate query, I was actually curious myself. Go polish your forum police badge somewhere else...IMO

Thanks...Im not trying to sell or promote anything...I'm just hoping to start a conversation with some people that might have experience with bitcoin.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done some freelance work for some coin but nothing in the past 2 years, and I have never touched my wallet either. Figured I would just save it up, never hurt for money but for a good while I had kept up with freelance work for coin but only on things that paid very well for task that where a joke, since the value is always on the rise the way I saw it was if I got 2000 coin back in the day for something that took me two hours to do, then in a few years it would have been like getting 20,000 for those two hours of work.

Crazy part is there is so much that happens illegally with coin that governments shun this sort of work; but I think it is crap because more bad work is done for USD than anything else, but so many feel that it is sketchy and they will be caught doing something illegal and that keeps many away.

Just run a search online for Bitcoin work, tons of firms are offering work, private customers and so on. Anyone I have met who feel into working for coin has never returned to their normal job again because a normal person can find normal work making far more for coin than what their job pays them.

OP
OP
rotty23

rotty23

Nov 9, 2005
Greer SC
Detector(s) used
I have done some freelance work for some coin but nothing in the past 2 years, and I have never touched my wallet either. Figured I would just save it up, never hurt for money but for a good while I had kept up with freelance work for coin but only on things that paid very well for task that where a joke, since the value is always on the rise the way I saw it was if I got 2000 coin back in the day for something that took me two hours to do, then in a few years it would have been like getting 20,000 for those two hours of work.

Crazy part is there is so much that happens illegally with coin that governments shun this sort of work; but I think it is crap because more bad work is done for USD than anything else, but so many feel that it is sketchy and they will be caught doing something illegal and that keeps many away.

Just run a search online for Bitcoin work, tons of firms are offering work, private customers and so on. Anyone I have met who feel into working for coin has never returned to their normal job again because a normal person can find normal work making far more for coin than what their job pays them.

I hadn't thought of that...what kind of work did you do?
If you still have your coins bitcoin is supposed to split on the 16th of this month and there are some things you need to do before this happens. If you have any questions let me know.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I hadn't thought of that...what kind of work did you do?
If you still have your coins bitcoin is supposed to split on the 16th of this month and there are some things you need to do before this happens. If you have any questions let me know.

I do not manage it, my wife looks after such accounts we do not use.

chatterbait

Dec 27, 2016
Gloucester co.NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4,AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve Jobs died oct 5 2011.So anytime after this date I stopped believing anything he says.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about bitcoin, however, I assume at some point that these investments need to be turned into cash? If I'm wrong then this won't matter, but if I'm right in the assumption then this could be a problem when it comes time to actually sell.

I use to do quite a bit of day trading and without fail one thing always took place, “the big block investors were always taken care of first” and this was extremely important to know because it is very costly for the small block investor. Here's what always happened.

A stock would take off and I'd put in an order to sell (even at a modest gain while it was still on its way up) and yet those small blocks never sold, the much larger big blocks being broke down and sold off first, thus these big block investors absorbed all of the gains. Then, once the greatest portion of these bigger blocks were sold off the stock would start to fall, sometimes very rapidly, what was left of the bigger blocks still getting preferential treatment, even if your sell price was lower and had been listed longer.

In the end the vast majority of these smaller block investments either broke even or lost money. (We kept a five year daily track record of this activity.) So before investing I guess my concern would be this same thing if it applies? It does no good to make money on paper, what matters is what the cash value of those investments are at the point of sell and what governs the process of those sales?

From my experience as a small investor the rules/system are never in favor of the small investor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions