Im about to embark on hopefully my best hunt yet.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a decent sized farm in the next town over and the managers of the property come into my work for food and drink often. So i approached them and askrd about detecting the property. They were so excites to talk to me and gave me a yes! many times over. I offered to make them something to keep with the property like a display but they said thats nice of you but you can keep anything youd like.

Now this property is mid 1700s. The oldest building on the property is one of the first school houses in the area and is dated about the 1770s. Then the farm house was built 1790 but its currently just a cellar hole. Then the standing house is 1850s. There is an orchard plus fields and the managers said there are many other interesting places to explore on the property.

Im so excites and nervous about what i might find. The past residents and owners of the property have all been wealthy. And the children that went to the school house were children of state governing folks.

Wish me luck guys!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds epic, hope it produces for you!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck, I hope it turns out to be as good as you are thinking.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep us posted, and go slow!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Think we've all had that excitement at one time or another. Sounds like a great site, and I see a gold coin in your future! Hoping so anyway. Keep us posted:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like a dream permission, good luck! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im back home now. I spent a 4 hours out around the cellar hole on the property today. I tried working as much of the area as i could. I started at the center and worked my way out. My first hole i found a cuff link still joined together. Its the "Tallio" variety with the fox or dog running on it. Then after that it was slow going as far as good targets were concerned. I pick up 3 ox shoe halves, a modern jefferson nickel, lots and lots of bullet shell casings and shot gun shells. Towards the end I did manage to swing over part of a shoe buckle frame. I had my 5x8 coil on today and I dont think I was covering enough ground. I will have to go back with the larger Thunder coil.

One of the managers pointed me to the direction of the ice pond, but I couldnt find it. I walked along what felt like miles of rock walls. Also hit the old fields that are now woods.

This farm isnt a traditonal style farm with huge fields still in use. It is mainly wooded near the old homesite. The "newer" 1850s house has some green houses and garden and an orchard that I plan on going to at some point. Theres also the family burial grounds on the property that i'll skirt around and then the school house is somewhere. I hit maybe 2% of the property today in those 4 hours. All hands on deck for this one.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well get back over there , and keep hitting it ! Don't get discouraged , there could be some very nice finds in there with the bullet casings and other rubbish .

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you need any help ...let me know ..I'm a state away
22126.gif

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep after it! There will be cold spots then hot spots! Soon you should hit some good stuff! Good luck!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SOS, Best of Luck to you on this new permission site. It sounds like it has great potential. As large as this site sounds, don't get into a hurry. Take your time and don't get impatient. The good finds will surely come with the property being dated. Keep us posted, and may you fill many display cases with some fantastic finds.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread