Do you know anyone that has won the lotto?

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I win lotto all the time, well use to when i played heaps, I would win between $12 and $25 dollars, then one day I was cleaning up my study and gathered all of my lotto tickets, scratchits, and its a massive pile, easily be a couple of hundred dollars spent in less then 6months.

Now I buy self development books, started my own business, attend functions and lectures on how to run a business and make money.
After the first book and couple of cd's I can honestly say that the few bucks I spent I got so much more back from the education system then any amount you care to name.

A smile cost nothing to give or receive!
If anyone wants to be successful then work on the things your not good at, get out of your comfort zone and go make some new friends.

I can make you this promise, I have nothing now and but I am working on having everything I have ever wanted - I'm glad I haven't won any major lotto prize because I would be the man I was before with a lot of time and money to waste. Life is a journey and something we all must make the most of - so ask yourself what are you doing with your life? what would you like to be doing? why aren't you doing it? what can you change in order to do it?

Sorry, bit fired up on this subject hehe :)

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
What was the age of the boy? Could he not tell his parents because of being
under 18? And if under 18, how did he play the lottery? Here in TN, store clerks
enforce the "must be 18" rule to play any state lottery game.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Powerball on Saturday

$ 300 Million
$ 140.3 Million Cash Value

Now that would be worth winning ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
mrs.oroblanco said:
Well, for that lady, I say what goes around, comes around.

HOWEVER, I think we are also missing a little point - if the young man could legally play the lotto, he wouldn't have to worry about telling his parents, and he wouldn't have to be "sneaking around" trying to get someone to help him.

He also threw it in the trash (on her word, of course) - how intelligent was that? I think a court may find that neither one is entitled to the money.

B

The "kid" in this story is 22 years old and is developmentally delayed. He is able to play the lotto but his parents overprotect him all the time. He had a traumatic brain injury. He can hold down a job and is one of the best employees where he works, he is just simple minded since his accident.

OP
OP
AeroMike

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I normally do not buy lottery at all but when it reaches a high amount like 50 million I can't help but to buy a ticket. The way I look at it is this; I used to smoke a pack a day. I quit cold turkey 6 yrs ago this month and even if I drop 5 dollars every couple of months on lottery that is a lot cheaper thne when I smoked.

I know a few people who have won large sums in lawsuits and I know a guy who won Playboy's sweepstakes for 100,000.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Years ago I worked with this guy that spent 300 dollars a week on the lottery every week,and never won anything above 400 bucks.Then a new sandwich shop(mini market) opened up a block from our work place,so about a week or so after it opened we'd go there for lunch and as always he would buy some tickets.
About two weeks of going to this place he told me he was getting sick of eating the subs there and he was going to go elsewhere,the last day we went there he bought 2 tickets for the lotto and told the guy selling them to make sure they were winners.Well needless to say one of those tickets was a winning ticket,after taxes he got 4 million dollars,quit his job the next day,bought a bowling alley,turned his 3 bedroom home into a mansion and lives there till this day.I've lost contact with him since,not sure if he spent it all or not but I can say that it could not of happened to a better guy he deserved it after all the years he played.

As for myself I'm one of those dollar and a dream type people ;D I play once or twice a week and buy 2 quick pics at the most after all HEY YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!!

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A friend of mine won $100k about ten years ago. He matched all of the numbers except for the powerball. He got a check for $72k ($28k right off the bat for taxes) and then had to pay an additional $6k at the end of the year. He ended up clearing about $65k on the deal. He invested it and is now getting ready to retire about 7-10 years before he would have been able to otherwise.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
If I ever won the lotto I would give my family money and then disappear as best I can. Yes peps can trace you down, but if crooks can easily get new ID's and identities then I think a good chunk of money can too.

It's easy for me to say this since after all the time I was gone away in the military I really don't have any friends left here or much of anything tying me here. So disappearing wouldn't break my heart too much LOL.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AeroMike said:
I normally do not buy lottery at all but when it reaches a high amount like 50 million I can't help but to buy a ticket. The way I look at it is this; I used to smoke a pack a day. I quit cold turkey 6 yrs ago this month and even if I drop 5 dollars every couple of months on lottery that is a lot cheaper thne when I smoked.

I know a few people who have won large sums in lawsuits and I know a guy who won Playboy's sweepstakes for 100,000.

That's how I am except my
starting point is 100 Million.

I figure it is a waste to buy a ticket,
But if I'm going to waste $2.00
it's going to be for a chance to become Filthy Rich.

Think about it though.

You win 300 Million.
you take the cash
that's 150 Million.
the tax man takes Half
you now have 75 Million.

almost everything you spend it on means more taxes.
say 10%

your now below 68 Million.

& if your like me, every close friend & relative gets a Million
each. say 18 million to round things off.

For your 300 Million win you now
have 50 Million in the bank.

which is still a Respectable amount.

If I'd won 50 Million in the first place

I'd be in debt thinking the way I have above.

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
jeff of pa said:
AeroMike said:

That's how I am except my
starting point is 100 Million.

I figure it is a waste to buy a ticket,
But if I'm going to waste $2.00
it's going to be for a chance to become Filthy Rich.

Think about it though.

You win 300 Million.
you take the cash
that's 150 Million.
the tax man takes Half
you now have 75 Million.

almost everything you spend it on means more taxes.
say 10%

your now below 68 Million.

& if your like me, every close friend & relative gets a Million
each. say 18 million to round things off.

For your 300 Million win you now
have 50 Million in the bank.

which is still a Respectable amount.

If I'd won 50 Million in the first place

I'd be in debt thinking the way I have above.

I agree with you guys. I wouldn't walk across the street for a measley $10Million!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding, if I buy a ticket, I don't really care about how high the jackpot is. I think I could scrape by for even a couple of million...

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Well I just picked up a check from my auto insurance company...$2750.00 for a wicked case of whiplash I received after I was hit from behind a couple of months back...could of maybe dragged it out with a lawyer and got more but I feel ok and the amount seemed fair ..I do believe in Karma so it's kinda like winning a bit in the lottery...I'll give my wife a chunk of it and she'll be pretty happy..:laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know a boy whos wife hit it for 11 million,he told me"I wish we never won that money". God Bless Chris

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked with a big Super Lotto player here in Ohio for 25 yrs., he played from day one ,and always played the same numbers.

I asked him many times what the numbers were, because he was so sure they were going to hit. He would never tell me, but finally one day he told me. The numbers he played for so long were 1,2,3,4,5,6. I didn't give it another thought, until a couple months later I saw an article in the paper about commonly played numbers. One through 6 was the top one played in Ohio, with an average of 1400 people playing it every week.

The jackpot is split between the winners, so 1.4 million would only be $1,000. each. When I told my friend, He didn't want to believe me. All those years of playing.....can you imagine? Your numbers finally come up, and you can't even go on vacation.

I wish I never would have told him, it was kind of hard on him.

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
I worked with a big Super Lotto player here in Ohio for 25 yrs., he played from day one ,and always played the same numbers.

I asked him many times what the numbers were, because he was so sure they were going to hit. He would never tell me, but finally one day he told me. The numbers he played for so long were 1,2,3,4,5,6. I didn't give it another thought, until a couple months later I saw an article in the paper about commonly played numbers. One through 6 was the top one played in Ohio, with an average of 1400 people playing it every week.

The jackpot is split between the winners, so 1.4 million would only be $1,000. each. When I told my friend, He didn't want to believe me. All those years of playing.....can you imagine? Your numbers finally come up, and you can't even go on vacation.

I wish I never would have told him, it was kind of hard on him.

Reminds me of this story from a few years ago...
239 people share second prize in Canada's Lotto 6/49 draw | Lottery Post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread