Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
In August I started writing a button guide to be my fourth article for W&E Treasures. I wanted this to be my most detailed and well written of all my articles. Anyways, I wrote around 3 pages in August, then forgot about the article. Today I remembered about it, and finished it up. On Google Docs it is exactly 7 pages long, one more sentence and it will start on the 8th page. It covers every type of button you could possibly find at a site, which time period each type of button and shank is from, and what buttons can tell you about a site. I am going to check it for grammar and errors tomorrow, attach the photos, and submit the wordpad document to them. According to wordcounttools.com it is 2347 words long, an estimated reading time of around 10 minutes, and is of a 11th-12th grade readability level. I hope I didn't make it a little bit too long, but I didn't want to leave out important details. I just hope that it gets published, I will let you know how it works out. It feels good to finally get it finished at least.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
uuummm did you mention me at all?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
uuummm did you mention me at all?

Probably did if you have a domed top, nipple in the middle( that show up in old ones), and an unbroken shank.(a bent one still counts):laughing7:

Hope you get it published as it would be an interesting article.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look forward to reading it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luck med_662355227edf550dbc.gif

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for all the effort in putting it together!

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks a ton everyone! The editor likes it, he just said to send a better photo of the blowhole button. The only issue is, this button was broken in storage two years ago (my only button to break in storage). He told me that I can ask to borrow a photo from someone else if needed though. I PMed a friend on here who has found tons of them, asking him if he could take a photo for me to use for the article. I have close up photos of each shank type, here is an example of one. This photo is not in the article, but a photo of a better example of this shank type is, the date range it is from, and what style of flat button it is most commonly on. Thanks again guys! I hope I see it in print sometime!

DSC_0023.JPG

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is impressive. I'd like to share my expertise but it would be mostly limited to bottlecaps and flip-tabs... and no one cares about them. So...
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread