help to find good metal detector

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ganj, Welcome to Tnet, It is always best to go to the New Member section to Introduce yourself to all, we appreciate that and will get right on to helping you, this is the wrong section to ask about a detector, as this is for site help in using the software or other Net/computer problems. Best regards.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post ganj - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved this thread from HELP! over to Forum: General Discussion for more exposure.
3rd - Whatever you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ganji, A Big Welcome to you to Treasurenet from Georgia. If I can give you my 2cents worth, which doesn't account for much, here it goes. First in your quest for a metal detector, decide on which type of hunting you will mostly be doing such as coin, jewelry, relics, gold prospecting, etc. Would you prefer a water detector, one you could go into the water with, or one for dry land hunting. Would you prefer land hunting such as woods, fields, or the beach? Quite a few things to consider when you go to purchase a detector. Then would you prefer a detector that is an all around detector, that is one that has settings for coins, relics/jewelry, or prospecting. You already have the price set on what you want to spend, so that is a beginning. There are many capable detectors for you to choose from in this price range. Now just do the RESEARCH. I like to suggest Utube as a Research tool. Almost any MD manufacturer and model can be found on Utube and you can watch videos of many of these being used in the field. Best of Luck to you and if you have any more questions feel free to ask and you will get support from folks here. Keep us informed and let us know what MD you decide on. Also, on some websites that sell detectors, you can find comparison charts where you can do a side by side comparison of different models you may be looking at that gives you all the major stats of each detector. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions