HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES!!!!!! and Chesty Puller....wherever you are!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wanted to put this out a little early in the event I let it slip. Tomorrow, November 10, 1775 was the Birthday of our Beloved Corps. 242 years proud. SEMPER FI to all Marines here and elsewhere serving, or having served. Tomorrow is also Veterans Day and I'd like to wish all servicemen and servicewomen a safe and happy Veterans Day and to say Thank You for your service. True Hero's are not kneeling professional ballplayers or overpaid Hollywood stars. Arlington National Cemetery and cemeteries across our great country are now home to True American Hero's. And to those veterans who have suffered so much in the loss of limbs in the defense of our freedom. Tomorrow I feel honored to accept an invitation to my nephews elementary school. They are honoring veterans with a breakfast. I think it is great that school children are honoring veterans set aside on this special day. I feel honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country and to live in a country such as we have. I pray daily that our country will soon get back on track. With all our problems, we are still the greatest country and the most free country in the world. Our freedom has never been cheap, nor will it ever be. With having said this, I say HAPPY VETERANS DAY, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES and God Bless America!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a former Seabee and knowing the Marines and Seabees have served together since WWII, I have a story to share...

A Seabee and a Marine walk into a bar. Seabee says he is proud to be a department within the Navy. The Seabee then say to the Marine, "You know the Marines are also a department within the Navy" The Marine replies. "Yeah, the MEN'S department!"

Happy Birthday Marines and Happy Veterans Day!!

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to put this out a little early in the event I let it slip. Tomorrow, November 10, 1775 was the Birthday of our Beloved Corps. 242 years proud. SEMPER FI to all Marines here and elsewhere serving, or having served. Tomorrow is also Veterans Day and I'd like to wish all servicemen and servicewomen a safe and happy Veterans Day and to say Thank You for your service. True Hero's are not kneeling professional ballplayers or overpaid Hollywood stars. Arlington National Cemetery and cemeteries across our great country are now home to True American Hero's. And to those veterans who have suffered so much in the loss of limbs in the defense of our freedom. Tomorrow I feel honored to accept an invitation to my nephews elementary school. They are honoring veterans with a breakfast. I think it is great that school children are honoring veterans set aside on this special day. I feel honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country and to live in a country such as we have. I pray daily that our country will soon get back on track. With all our problems, we are still the greatest country and the most free country in the world. Our freedom has never been cheap, nor will it ever be. With having said this, I say HAPPY VETERANS DAY, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES and God Bless America!

Marine,
Thanks for your post and Happy Birthday to you!!! I credit our Lord Jesus Christ and our Corps with all that is good in my life, of which there is much, I would go anywhere without fear or hesitation with a Brother Marine at my side. Semper Fi!!

Stack Bodies,
EJD

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HAPPY VETERANS DAY SeabeeRon and Thanks for your service. I like the joke.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
USMC Reaper, Semper Fi and a Happy Birthday to you Marine. We share a lot of the same feelings. I pray daily for our country that we can get back on track. I'm afraid one of these days the Good Lord is going to sick and tire of our countries evilness. When he does, we will be the first to know. What part of North Georgia are you from? I am from Covington, Georgia, Newton County.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday tomorrow and Semper Fidelis...Leathernecks.
TR.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Birthday to all my fellow Marines!! We look pretty damn good for 242 don't we?

Heres a joke. I'm not sure if it will be taken down or not or who will be offended but here it is anyway!

A Marine and a sailor were sitting in a bar one day arguing over which was the superior service.
After a swig of beer the Marine says, 'Well, we had Iwo Jima.'
Arching his eyebrows, the sailor replies, 'We had the Battle of Midway.
'Not entirely true', responded the Marine. 'Some of those pilots were Marines, in fact, Henderson Field on Guadalcanal was named after a Marine pilot killed at the Battle of Midway.'
The sailor responds, 'Point taken.'
The Marine then says, 'We Marines were born at Tunn Tavern!'
The sailor, nodding agreement, says, 'But we had John Paul Jones.'
The argument continued until the sailor comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion. With a flourish of finality he says...... 'The Navy invented sex!' The Marine replies, 'That is true, but it was the Marines who introduced it to women.'

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm with you on everything you said, except that Veterans (or Armistice) Day is on the 11th. God bless all veterans!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Semper Fi Marines! Happy birthday.

To all you veterans, God bless you and thank you for your service.

To all you current military, God bless you and may He keep you safe.

To all you aging old hippies who skipped out to Canada......

HH
dts

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
USMC Reaper, Semper Fi and a Happy Birthday to you Marine. We share a lot of the same feelings. I pray daily for our country that we can get back on track. I'm afraid one of these days the Good Lord is going to sick and tire of our countries evilness. When he does, we will be the first to know. What part of North Georgia are you from? I am from Covington, Georgia, Newton County.

Hey Hard Charger,

There is a lot of good in our Country but there will be a reckoning. I just try to focus on my spiritual fitness in my walk with the Lord, that takes all of my time and concentration because I'm just a knucklehead sinner like every other human being.

I'm about 2 hours north of you in Dahlonega. We should link up, my MDing partner is a retired Grunt/Intel Master Gunnery Sergeant a great Marine.

Stay Motivated,
EJD

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Semper Fi leather necks... Happy anniversary... 0811 cannon cocker.. Nam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread