2000 year old buddhist site

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi guys I need guidence.I hv found a buddhist ssite in deep mountains.I hv a detector range up tto two feets.There is alot of stuff on these ruins.I think I hv to dig upto 4 feet to find something. My auestion is where to dig ??? Which place is perfect for burried relics.

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1510590811390.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1510590811390.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How to upload more pics

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bad news is that Buddhists renounce material things, and if they do have anything valuable (like a statue) it would have religious significance and they would not be likely to just leave it behind.

Otherwise, the best place to look is where things are buried. I don't know of any "Standard Book of Where to Bury Buddhist Loot" they might have used to decide where.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How to upload more pics

You can do this by just doing what you did in the first post. Did you get your detector repaired/replaced?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How to upload more pics

You can do this by just doing what you did in the first post. Did you get your detector repaired/replaced?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Along pathways and behind living quarters, gardens, terraces, baths and restrooms and trash dump.

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol what I did in the first post ??? Yes they hv replaced my detector its rocking.

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ charlie there are alot of buddist sites in Pakistan.People go there and dig statues and coins etc plus their old utensils of bronze even gold jewelry.But I dont hv idea where to dig.

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hv tried to upload more pics by clicking reply to thread but I think I failed to do so

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were there, where would you bury something?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there was a standard place people buried things - no one would use it because that is the first place we'd all look.

For coins I figure to look where people would have been reaching in their pockets.

Haven't come across any gold Buddhas so obviously I'm looking in the wrong places.

OP
OP
A

Aayan

Greenie
Aug 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually its not like tat they have burried things.Infact there towns or villiges are burried in the soil and mountains along with all the stuff or which they left.Its been 2000 years many of these sites are excavated by foreign experts or the local.U guys can search jamal garhi buddha ruins or takhtbai ruins for info.There is a village hund from where Alexander the great crossed river to attack sub continent.Its also popular for gahdhara art.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
What province are you in, I can tell you if a uni or research team has already been there, but also the Taliban kept great records as well when they went around destroying such sites.

Last thing, you are in one of the worst parts of the world to get caught trafficking cultural property, if the site is out where tribal law is far stronger than national and international law then you have nothing to worry about on the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread