LITERALLY... Burned $5000.00+ in cash (99% sure)

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Judging from your statement that you were reminding her to put it in the bank, this may have caused her to take steps to make this happen in which she would change her hiding place. I don't have enough info to provide a more in depth analysis.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go slow with a process of elimination.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that brings up a bad memory of when I was still drinking and decided the change my hidey-hole one night for reasons unknown. I misplaced about $9,000 and it was lost for months. I knew it was still in the house, but I had no recollection of where I put it. I never stopped thinking about it but pretty much stopped looking as I couldn't find it anywhere. Fast forward a few months, one of my arcade machines was acting up so I decide to look into it, I opened the coin door and once I pulled the coin bucket out, there was that big wad just sitting underneath it. I felt so much relief I just laid there on the floor for a few minutes. I really hope your case turns out like mine and you are able locate it.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all for your thoughts... Charlie, if I did put together the $5000,00 to "find" from my toy box sales it wouldn't work anyway. Because on the envelope she did keep a running total on and off for a long time on it. So, she'd know anyway but if I could pull it off I WOULD. And then if the lost money was found I promise you my wife would not be upset in the least with me. She'd just smile and say "Thanks".

Just an hour ago she still swears she put it up where it belonged. But if that was true it would be there... right? I do truly feel bad for her and wish I could make her feel better.

Oddjob.... I didn't know they had dogs trained to find money. I'm gonna ask soon about finding one for a TRAINING EXERCISE! That was a good piece of information... Thanks.

And folks her "world" is so small after dark. It probably only encompasses a 25ft. circle at the most. Now I got to admit she "helped" me empty her closet and go through stuff. I think I'll do it myself 100% just to satisfy myself. My wife said "knock yourself out"... "I'm pulling for ya".

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddjob.... I didn't know they had dogs trained to find money. I'm gonna ask soon about finding one for a TRAINING EXERCISE! That was a good piece of information... Thanks.

They sure do, and I am sure you will not have trouble finding one, few on this site as well, but not any in your state that I know of.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
well i hope the best for you, I really do. There is a logical explanation, you just need to reason it out..slowly

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that you discover her hiding place. Forgetting where you stashed something can happen to anyone, even those of us with sound health and memory. A couple of summers ago I had a nephew coming to stay with me for the summer and just to keep my good gold and silver jewelry “safe” I tucked it away. Unfortunately at summers end I couldn’t find it anywhere. The only place I could recall placing it was under a wastebasket in my room. After going through every drawer, cabinet and closet in my home I had a sinking feeling that I might have picked up the bag with the jewelry in it not remembering what it was and tossed it in the trash while cleaning. It just made me sick to think about it. I didn’t tell anyone because I was so embarrassed to do something so stupid. About a year and a half later I was sorting out my Christmas boxes and bags and was stunned to find a box underneath with all my jewelry in it. And I still didn’t remember putting it there.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would go with the dog idea. If that's a no go I would plant the "found" money behind the burn pile table, arrange for her to find the cash only then to state "Thank goodness, it looks like only the running tally envelope wound up in the fire"

My prayers for you all!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sincerely hope it turns up and I can well relate to your situation.

My wife would hide money and jewelry all the time. Only she would have 10 different spots with something in each spot. Since she's had surgery and other medical procedures, the medication they have her on has really affected her memory and her personality too actually. She couldn't find her "stash of cash" for a month one time. It was almost as much as what you're missing. And I won't even get into her jewelry that she hides everywhere. She's paranoid about someone robbing the house and figures if it's hidden in multiple spots they won't find it all. Meanwhile we've never been robbed in our lives, knock on wood. She's only been this way the past few years. I make sure I know where everything is myself now too, just in case. I gotta watch her!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you may be missing a great opportunity to show that money is not the most important thing, and lying about finding it is the easy but wrong way out.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sincerely hope you find the missing money.
Just a few suggestions, Look in the refrigerator/freezer, pul out the bottom drawer of the dresser, (any other drawers that might be suspect), Maybe a coat pocket in the closet (yours and hers).

P.S. Sewing basket?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remove every drawer in the house. Kitchen cabinet drawers, bureau drawers and so on. I've had a lot of things jam behind overfilled drawers and found them by removing the drawer. Check the drawer opening with a flashlight as well. Some kitchen cabinet drawers have a lot of space around them. It may have fallen out of the top drawer and gone all the way down to the floor. Worth a shot.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry this happened to you guys. I know the sick feeling one gets when something of value is misplaced. I do have a feeling it will show up though. Good luck!

docron32

Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does she have her own car? Look carefully if she does, even under mats

Sent from my SM-T807R4 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread