LITERALLY... Burned $5000.00+ in cash (99% sure)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done that, i'm better at hiding stuff from myself than others.

Ok she took the money out and counted it while you were sleeping. What room did she do the counting in? And do you have any cases, tool bags, or such she may have slipped the money in if she was startled or mistaken about the bag. It maybe in something of yours.
And as said check all clothes, shoes, blankets, pillows, etc.
Outside of a search dog (yes the DEA usess them to find $$) you will have to do a systematic search room by room of your house and examine everything. She's not climbing up on top the fruniture, but it could be tossed up there.

This was last month Oct. Was there any Halloween decorations out or any other type seasonal decorations? It could be in with that stuff and been stored. Any birthdsys, wrapping presents, that type of stuff?

I have lost my car keys in odd places, once i left them in the fridge, another time i laid them on the arm of the sofa (didn't remember) and they fell down behind the cushion. Speaking of cushions people hide stuff in them.

I know you probably have, but check the purse she was using then, and now. She may have thought about taking it to the bank and stuck it in her purse.

Nothing should leave the house with out being thoroughly searched, yes thats a pain. It could be in a folded up paper or plastic bag for all you know.

I have had things fall off counters, tables, etc into such small tight spaces, you couldn't "put" them there if you wanted to, they just seemed to disappear.

Best of luck on finding it, i still pray for you both and the family.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well all I looked around again today and found nothing. We're taking off tomorrow morning for MI. for a week. I have looked in ALL the places you folks have mentioned except the "right" spot yet. Now here's a scary happening I discovered yesterday. Since my wife is somewhat crippled since all of her surgery's I try and save her any get up or down from the living room table I can. This is where she "conducts" all her business such as counting her money, uses her tablet, paying bills, reading mail and balancing the checkbook. She asked if I'd throw the paper pile in the trash please? Sure... And there I found the Verizon bill still unopened. Not good.

I'm taking over the bill paying and all money transactions now. She doesn't mind me doing it but it does bother her why I'm doing it now.... STAY TUNED T-NET FRIENDS!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Used to have a wooden kitchen table that had corner brackets for the leg bracing. I found at an early age that it was great place to stash items.
Later on in life we used another dining room table that had a fold in center extention to hide things. Just a thought if it's main sitting area to conduct her affairs it might be possible.
Certain pain medications can cause memory loss, plus other problems if the body has a reaction from them.
Just a side note: After having a couple dozen operations and lots of different types of drugs, things start to happen without knowing.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where would a thick envelope fit??
I know of a woman who had dementia and she would hide paper money everywhere. My sister helped.her clean her apartment and ended up giving her 11K that she found placed in between the pages of many books.
I hope when you guys find it, and I believe you will,, I hope you find it together.

Last edited:

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
whenever i lose stuff, (hid it from myself) while looking for it i find
myself going back to the same place many times and usually find it close to there,
after realizing this if find stuff in a couple of days, instead of a couple of weeks.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
LT...I believe going with the search Dog if you've exhausted all locations you can think of...If the PD or Sheriff closest to you only has a drug canine and officer, you are in luck with your wife converting smaller bills to $100's. Most $100's have some type of drug residue on them. Between 90%-97% I think it is have cocaine residue, the canine will pick up on it.

<<--------Rocco is great with finding paper currency. If I was closer I'd love to help you out. I'm praying for you and your wife to find this. That's very kind of you to think of 'finding' it to help her feel better. I bet the canine will locate it quick.

Good Luck
Kace

Mia

Nov 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's terrible and sorry for you. Hopefully, you can rise up, dust off and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will show up before Christmas brad !!! How do I know that you ask ?? Just a feeling, just a good feeling !! The lord works in mysterious ways, and just when you think it will never be found BAM there it is !! It'll be in a jacket pocket, on top of some cabinets, in a cereal box, or who knows where. But if you didnt burn it, then it will show up !! Good luck Brad, youll find it !!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could keep looking, or you could just get a K9 officer to come in and find it for you.

Good & Bad Idea .
Good if yr legit & been that way for years, I'm sure y'all are.

It (dog & depending on it's training) will find lost Opiates or 15 yo weed ,lol
but I can see one finding a stack of Cash. In a home.

GL , I'm reading down so you may have found the money by now.

I lost a pack of Cig's earlier and about freaked out. ; 5 'Large' & i'd be in the nut-house.
Hope this turns out well.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could keep looking, or you could just get a K9 officer to come in and find it for you.
You know Oddjob might have somethin there, as I read some article some time back, probably in the eighties, about how many $100 bills were contaminated with cocaine, so bring a drug dog in. Worth a shot. Hang in there, I have faith it will turn up. And it's probably a redneck viewpoint, but you will find it in the last place you looked.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you may be missing a great opportunity to show that money is not the most important thing, and lying about finding it is the easy but wrong way out.

So let me get this straight, it is your position that the OP should use this unfortunate set of circumstances as a learning tool to teach a distraught adult loved one that money is not the "most" important thing? I would venture a guess, and OP correct me if I'm wrong, that Mrs. Limit Tool is already aware of this morsel of knowledge.

You also posit that although Mr. Limit Tool has the means to orchestrate an emotional rescue op to soothe his wife's soul he should not because that would be "lying."

In my opinion that is some jacked up logic. The poor woman has suffered enough she doesn't need to be taught a lesson.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
You know Oddjob might have somethin there, as I read some article some time back, probably in the eighties, about how many $100 bills were contaminated with cocaine, so bring a drug dog in. Worth a shot. Hang in there, I have faith it will turn up. And it's probably a redneck viewpoint, but you will find it in the last place you looked.

My K9s are retired, one narc and the other is for remains. But I know a few in Europe, Africa and Mexico who have cash dogs, only trained to find the money.

Many County agencies have them and of course big city agencies.

Know a Customs Officer in Switzerland who works with one, and he loves going to big city parks in Europe on leave with his partner because many dealers stash their dope and cash in parks, light post, and monuments. They keep and eye on it of course but no one has ever stopped him for finding money. He gets 6 weeks of vacation a year, two weeks he spends only travelling to major cities, and in that time he makes more than he does with his normal job.

Every year the tax man audits him because when he comes back into Switzerland he declares his finds, and pays the tax on the spot.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this straight, it is your position that the OP should use this unfortunate set of circumstances as a learning tool to teach a distraught adult loved one that money is not the "most" important thing? I would venture a guess, and OP correct me if I'm wrong, that Mrs. Limit Tool is already aware of this morsel of knowledge.

You also posit that although Mr. Limit Tool has the means to orchestrate an emotional rescue op to soothe his wife's soul he should not because that would be "lying."

In my opinion that is some jacked up logic. The poor woman has suffered enough she doesn't need to be taught a lesson.
I believe he ment that showing the wife he loved her no matter what by replacing the lost money with his own and then helping her find "her" lost money may not be the best way to go because she would know it wasn't her lost money and that he lied. So that may back fire if she wonders what else he lied about. Even tho its a sweet thing to do.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unless it's a good friend I wouldnt get the TN. cops involved when it comes to cash
maybe I watch to much youtube (and i know i do) but TN. seems to be the worst

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the sad but true story that happened last month. My wife had been squirreling away some money for 3 years now. I knew about it all along. Every time she got another hundred put back she'd convert it to a hundred dollar bill. This went on and on for about 3 years. When she said she had $3500.00 I told her to go put it in the bank in another account separate from our "running" account. "Yep... that's a good idea" she said (DUH!). She didn't do it and continued her rountine. So I asked her last month how much she had put back now and she really didn't know. But she did say she should get it out of here like I wished. (Again.. DUD!)

A little background now: My wife has ALWAYS been very good with our money. I haven't got one thing to state badly about her and our money. But the last few years she's been going downhill badly from health problems. Hip replacement, total back fusion and 2 neck fusions. She's been on strong pain meds now for a long time and I now believe it's effecting her mentally and she agrees. Her memory has really suffered as of late now also.

I feel asleep on my couch one night last month watching TV. When I woke up the next morning my wife Bonnie was sitting at the table crying. So I got a cup of coffee and inquired. She asked me if I had taken her money and not said anything? I said "No, I wouldn't do that". Bad answer... as she really broke down then. She said she thought I had taken it and put in the bank to teach her a "lesson". She said for 2 days now after she counted it she's looked everywhere and can't find it. She was keeping it in an empty purse in her closet long with 6 other ones.

She stated she had gotten the money out to count after I went to sleep. She stated she had 50 $100.00 dollar bills and 3 twenty's. And... she said she's sure she put it back in the same purse as always when she went to bed. But it's gone now and I MEAN GONE! She had it all in a single bank envelope which would be thick with the cash. We literally emptied the closet. We went through EVERYTHING meaning clothing, books, purses, files and all shoes... nothing. Next we tore the bedroom up... nothing. Then we tore up the dining room... nothing. I had 22 bags of non-burnable trash piled in the pickup to make a dump run. I went back through every bag... nothing.

Here's some facts: She nor I ever left the house during this time frame. I just worked in the wood shop @ times. Nobody was here during the 2 days either. I just can't figure it out but here's what I do know is a fact. She'll check our paper mail, read a paper and stack all burnable trash at the end of the table. Then she'll pick it all up when the pile is getting big and throw it in the burn trash. THEN I'LL BURN THE TRASH! I tore the trash pit up looking for evidence and found none.

But here's a question I asked her and she doesn't remember: I asked her... "Bonnie, if you put it up after counting it before you went to bed how did you know it was missing the next day?" This was last month and the last couple of weeks I've noticed her decline even more. Anybody have a crystal ball... There's a reward!

It is behind, or under, the couch. (I am serious)

Bill

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom of stove

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More money is coming your way, and I recommend you put it into banks. Good hunting and good luck.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry Limitool!!!

And I feel for you. I know this same type of scenario too well. Not exactly the same but close enough. I sent a PM to you.

It sucks on many levels. Watching them go through it, Watching the effects of meds., Watching the confusion because they are sure they did this or did that,Then in my case watching the distrust of everyone around, etc...

I hope your able to find the money and that everything goes well!! And I think I get it(maybe). It's not even about the money. Just watching it. Watching the torture of the physical and mental pain.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions