LITERALLY... Burned $5000.00+ in cash (99% sure)

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, Two things.
1. Do not involve any LEO's.
2. Never lie thinking it will make her feel better.

Could it be in a different Purse. OR------it could be long gone.
Whatever the case, always be there for her and protect her. Your love for her is worth more than mere money.
Marvin

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your wife and yourself! I'm always losing money. I can remember the very first time. I was given $50.00 to go with my grandma downtown to shop for school clothes. Lost it. The most I ever lost was $800.00. Sometimes I found it, most times I didn't. Hugs and loving words and my own acceptance that I am not in control and if it's meant to be, it's will be, are what gets me through.

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel, what happens when you put money in a bank? Joe McDonough

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking behind the pictures. Never know!! Hope she feels better. God Bless both of you.

Foggynotion

Jun 11, 2017
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030/
DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse/
DetectorPro Underwater 8 / Fisher CZ21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a friend who thought that she had lost some cash that she had put in a purse. It turned out that the lining of the purse had separated from the leather and when she put the cash in it slid between the liner and the leather.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you find it and she's ok. If it makes you feel better I bought a $5 US gold coin, already slabbed about 3 months ago. Carpet guys came in to install carpeting. I deliberately put it away out of the room and literally squirreled it away. It's still here, but I don't know where I put it! It will show up at the dumbest time. I doubt you burned it.
i did the same thing 20 years back with a draped bust $10. Not slabbed but a very valuable coin. I tore everything apart and went frantic looking for it. I thought that somehow someone may have lifted it off me. 5 years ago I went to restore an old slant top desk that I had been beating up since i was 16. Went I remove the compartment liner, it had somehow gotten wedged between the desk bottom and liner. I ws so ecstatic one because I had found it and the other because of how much it has appreciated. If I hadn't lost it I would have sold it. Like money in the bank :)

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Couple of things. Did you check the clothes hamper? Laundry piles? Maybe she stuck it in a pocket and tossed it in there. Or in a coat in the hall closet so she could take it to the bank. If she can still get around, did she actually put it in the bank and forgot?

Try reenacting the crime like on TV. Have her go through her routine that night it may jar her memory.

Pain killers are good and bad. Me I've broken just about every bone in me, some multiples at the same time. Once I was so looped out on meds I had the wife stop at Home Depot. Bought a built in dishwasher, and installed it. To this day I don't remember ever doing it.

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is horrible! Im subscribed to this thread so that I can see the good news when its found.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all... Please bear with me here. 1st off my wife cannot bend over nor reach above her head. She's had every disc in her back removed and her spine fused with 34 screws. She also has 2 neck fusions and an artificial hip. She only had a few feet from her "normal" moving area to roam. So she did not hide it above her head or ANYTHING below her waist. I put on her socks and shoes everyday. That should tell you a lot right there on the "hiding" places this lady had available.

To call in the dogs to look is not problem at all. No drugs have been here nor are here illegally. So if any (drug) dog finds this because of residue on a hundred, fifty or twenty.... HELL I'M IN!!!!!!!!!

My wife does not have the capability as most of us to hide all this money in a stupor (thus far). Now she says (thinks) it was in 2 envelopes equally divided. Now that divides the "thickness" in 2. That's a lot thinner envelope to "hide" now if true...? I guess stay tuned. We just returned today from a week trip to MI. and I have a interview with a reporter tomorrow morning about my toy boxes. Later, Brad

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Brad, That opens some other possibilities. Now ya gotta check all the books in the house.
Good Luck
Marvin
BTW----You are the type Husband all the Ladies need.:icon_thumright:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was visiting my mother after her return from the hospital. As I was sitting at her kitchen table, I was making comparisons between her and your wife. See, my mom doesn't get around much either and she goes through all the mail and pays bills in one spot. So, this idea struck. Is it possible that your wife accidentally laid it in the mail pile? Or maybe even stuck them in with some bill payments? Maybe call the post office and tell them what happened, see if they have it? Check back to the last bills she paid and call them?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i too visited my mom over the holiday, got to thinking about her several robes
most have the large pockets, check your wife's robes

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wrightdigger... Thought of that. But I personally put the outgoing mail into the mail box... not.

cw0909... I personally DROVE INTO HER ROBE POCKETS... Great idea... wrong.

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My FIL literally has money hidden all over his house. When the kids were little, one was looking through one of those big coffee table books when $100 dollar bills started falling out of it.

He had put $3500 in an empty waffle box in the freezer...my MIL threw it away.

He has literally $1000s in pennies in jars, boxes, buckets, all over the place...I've tried to convince him to cash them in and buy a few gold coins (mostly so we don't eventually have to deal with all those dang pennies)...

Just stuff like that. We'll have to go through everything with a fine tooth comb one day when we have to go through his things.

Greg

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
I saw the post about her putting it in two envelopes, and agree she may have accidently might have mailed them. If she was paying bills try and figure out to whom she might have sent payments to.

Funny how folks lose money. Tuesday I was at the shop, was bored and was walking the aisles, facing the products. There, on an empty spot on one of the shelves sat a $5.00 bill. Who would take money out and stick it on a shelf and forget about it? Someone did, and as of today no one has come back or called about it. I know it's only $5.00, but what if they were doing it with larger denominations too?

And you'd be surprised where folks can hide money. My Gramps had thousands in coins, many of them silver dollars hidden away in jars of bolts/nuts/screws and such down in the workshop of the barn. I doubt we found half of what he might have stashed in places.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Came in from the wood shop today complaining about having to poly 3 toy boxes and mount letters on 2 others for customers EARLY tomorrow morning. Their all coming tomorrow afternoon and she listened to me complain about filling this $650.00 dollar order for tomorrow. She quietly said... "Brad, just find the 5 Grand I lost and I'll poly the 3 boxes for you". After another 15 minutes of looking... I still gotta go poly tomorrow morning...! :BangHead:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it will turn up in one of those unexpected places.

Funny thing about accidents & mailing bills. I accidently swithced checks one time when mailing in bills, i heard right away from the one that got the too small amount, but nothing from "my phone" company. They just showed i payed my bill but no excess amount was recorded. Took me several phone calls to supervisors to finally get them to credit the over payment to my account.
Both companies deposited the checks, even tho they weren't made out to them, and someone was going to just keep the over payment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread