LITERALLY... Burned $5000.00+ in cash (99% sure)

SilverLunker

Nov 4, 2013
New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, you have dogs in the house could one of them picked it up if it fell on the floor or took it off the table and dropped it else where?

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
still dont think you burned, seems you would have noticed
when you stirred it up or shoved poured in

under mattress, grand kids banks, paper pile in bedroom

YES... I agree. But, no luck yet. Funny you mention the "paper pile in bedroom".....? Been there, done that also! And that trash thing is ALWAYS checked and rechecked when I burn. NOT A TRACE OF EDVIDENCE. Her world is just so small from where the money was and now...?

We've gone over and over and over her rountine on possible scenarios. She does NOT leave the house without me knowing (PERIOD). And this was late at night anyway and she's not going anywhere. I'm thinking now that when I went through all the bags of trash piled in my pickup... I just missed it? But either way (burned or missed) it's still gone.

But I PROMISE when it does show up you all will hear me loud and clear... Thanks, Brad

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did she ever have any tape cost by? Like stuck under the table. Just a thought.
God Bless
Bob

sandman03

Apr 14, 2013
treasurecoast fl
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHECK IN THE VACUUM CLEANER BAG, TOILET TANK,HOUSE PLANT, SEWING BOX, IRONING BOARD,CEREAL BOX,TISSUE BOX OR CURTAINS AND HOPEFULLY SHE DIDNT GO IN THE GARAGE,GOOD LUCK YOU WILL FIND IT

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't read through the entire thread, so this may have already been suggested...books between the pages. My Mom did this a lot. She thought it was the safest place to hide bills n the last place anyone would look. Worth a look.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that everybody has made a suggestion and I feel bad for coming up with another one as I'm sure you've torn your house apart already, but I've heard of women (purposely or not) hiding money in their feminine hygiene packages. I would be giving the bathroom a good once over.

Given the fact that her mobility is limited, I would be looking at places that she could reach easily and I'd be looking for places that the envelope could fall behind.....dresser, under the fridge or stove (considering that she was in the kitchen), and things along those lines.

I feel gutted for you, but more for the health of your wife than I do the money as money can be replaced.

Wishing you the best of luck and your wife the best of health.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I know you all are truly trying to help me think I have done all the above. And if ya think about it... it's not that easy to "hide" that many $100.00 bills. It does make for a pretty thick pile of cash. If in a book or such it would easily be spotted.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Brad. :hello:

Just now found this thread with your predicament. Wow, that sucks! Well, wifey does basically the same thing. She keeps "some" amount of money stashed away for emergencies. I keep trying to explain how times have changed, and how it's just not good practice anymore (with a few exceptions).

Hope ya'll happen to stumble across "The Stash", but I see this happened some time back. Best wishes!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad is there any chance your dogs may have found it and took it off some where? Or the cats batted it under something?

I wish i was clairvoyant and could tell you where it is.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad is there any chance your dogs may have found it and took it off some where? Or the cats batted it under something?

I wish i was clairvoyant and could tell you where it is.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Well lady... the only cats we'd have around here would probably be dead ones. Cat's aren't my favorite pet and I wish them no ill will the 2 feral dogs we "domesticated" would either be all torn up or we'd have dead cat(s). And probably both...!

I PROMISE - PROMISE - PROMISE if we find this money you all will hear me SCREAMING from Tennessee!

This money was "lost", put up or thrown away between 10:00 pm - and daylight the next day. And I have questioned each dog with amnesty offered. BUT IF I FIND WHICH ONE DID IT.... well stay tuned...?

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an idea....
Give her another few grand and tell her to hide it!
( Ouch, why'd you slap me?)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small stack of $1's all taped up with a tracking device in it might do it. I think it's there...somewhere. I lose stuff all the time. Just got a nice 14k ring, tossed it with the rest of the finds on the dining room table and now I can't find it. It's here somewhere. I hope.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just reading this thread Brad. Man o’ man I hope you can eventually find the money. I know it’s driving you bonkers not knowing where to look.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered the possibility that someone visited and she may have been sleeping and they took it or even when she was awake. Unfortunately I have had a family experience similar to this and it was a family member that took the money due to drug addiction. Addiction can make good people do bad things I hope this isn’t the case and you find the money but just something to consider.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just reading this thread Brad. Man o’ man I hope you can eventually find the money. I know it’s driving you bonkers not knowing where to look.

It sure does lady. But I'm 99% sure it got thrown away with the trash and burned.

arrow86... Nobody enters this house at night without me knowing it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, it's been bothering me, too, for a while....

Does your kitchen table have a drawer?, Is there a way to stash anything on the underside of the table where she sits?
Is there any low storage area, one could easily access from her sitting area, look inside pitchers, cups, covered dishes, covered sugar bowls, silver service chest, etc.... If it's like a china cabinet, look right behind the edge of it on the ground, under or in between the formal china. Umbrella stand.... Halltree.....
Does she wear an apron? Have a special linen space/drawer? A coat closet, easy accessable? Coat. skirt, apron, pockets? Do you all have one of them plastic bag fabric tubeys to hold plastic bags? Sometimes, drawers don't shut all the way, taken all drawers in cabinets out, all the way, yet..... I know me, lol.....

I lost my omega necklace in a hard flat satin protector case once, drove me crazy, finally found it neatly tucked between some of my saved stacked magazines. When fleeing a hurricane once, put my Mom's fine china between towels in a hamper... after hurricane passed, I put my china back up, but was missing a plate. Found it 6 months later, when it fell out from between a towel I pulled out and broke(just what I had been trying to avoid..... the replacement piece was off-color from my set, too. I still glued it and still have it). Laid a ring on the dirty clothes hamper wicker lid, forgot about it, found it a month or 2 later by stepping on it, and the edge on it was sharp, too (it was broke ring, still gold, though). Found $300 tucked in a skirt pocket, hadn't worn that skirt in over 3 yrs, don't even remember putting it in there. Found $200 tucked in my make-up case behind the oil blotter refills, I remember doing that one, traveling, looking for safe space for extra/emergency funds...... No one knows where my safe deposit box keys are, lol, but me.....

Us womens can put things in some really funky places.
I still do today.....

Maybe you should post a link to this thread in the remote viewing section, maybe you can connect with someone.... who could see, get on the same frequency, so to say.....
Good luck buddy and best to the Mrs.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in the service I used to drink a little, OK, maybe a lot. I would come in during the wee hours of the morning and take whatever cash I had left and stick it "somewhere" The next morning I wouldn't remember even having left over money, so no big deal. Them ounce a month or so I would be looking for something else I couldn't remember where I put it and would find a couple hundred dollars. Some in a drawer, some in a old jar, books, shoes. it will turn up next time your making biscuits, in the flower bin.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad, it's been bothering me, too, for a while....Found $300 tucked in a skirt pocket, hadn't worn that skirt in over 3 yrs, don't even remember putting it in there. Found $200 tucked in my make-up case behind the oil blotter refills, I remember doing that one, traveling, looking for safe space for extra/emergency funds......

Good luck buddy and best to the Mrs.

Funny you mention finding some loot stashed away and then forgot. One of my buddies sons needed some extra cash. He offered to vacuum and wash my car. Sure I said just let me know if you find anything worth keeping... (joke-joke). A few minutes later he returns with 5 - $100.00 bills. Opps, I forgot I put them there during Christmas of last year under the front drivers floor mat. I told him to detail the car and wax it also and I'll give him one of them.... THAT WAS A HAPPY KID! Then his dad says let's go to the store now because yours buying us both a 12 pack. I did!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you mention finding some loot stashed away and then forgot. One of my buddies sons needed some extra cash. He offered to vacuum and wash my car. Sure I said just let me know if you find anything worth keeping... (joke-joke). A few minutes later he returns with 5 - $100.00 bills. Opps, I forgot I put them there during Christmas of last year under the front drivers floor mat. I told him to detail the car and wax it also and I'll give him one of them.... THAT WAS A HAPPY KID! Then his dad says let's go to the store now because yours buying us both a 12 pack. I did!

Happy Kid and Honest Kid!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread