LITERALLY... Burned $5000.00+ in cash (99% sure)

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello T-net friends.... I have no idea how many of my old "friends" are still around now here. I've pretty much been absent for about 5 years. Wife passed in May of 2019. That same day 4 of our kids were here. That same day we started to go through her jewelry, closets, drawers and shelves. We were all saddened by her death but it was a true blessing in the end. We were lying out items on the pool table and dividing things up. Everything was going smoothly and everyone was getting along fine picking out things they may want themselves or for others. Everyone knew we were ALL on the lookout for that "lost" / "missing" $5000+ bucks. Nothing, nothing and more nothing not showing up. Suddenly my daughter Chelsea comes carrying out a single white envelop stuffed with cash and throws on the pool table. She opens it and fans out $100 dollar bills across the table. She counts it. $3500 even total so NOT the missing 5K+. So I picked up the envelope and saw (as usual) the running total and dates of entering the envelope she always did. This envelopes last entry was dated 2+ full years BEFORE the 5K came up missing. I didn't realize her was going downhill before then. Chelsea found the envelope in a pant leg of a stacked up pile of Levi's and winter PJ's. My late wife never mentioned misplacing any money before the 5K came up missing. Where THAT money came from is beyond me except according to the dates on envelope it took her about 3 years to squirrel that away. The $5000+ is still missing....????? That's the latest and greatest on this story. I told my now girlfriend living here about that $3500 and finding it and her response....... Who said it was lost....???? That may be true...?????? Brad

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are back!

Remind me again the story behind the $5000??

When my mother-in-law passed my wife was going through her cloths to give to the Salvation Army and coming across cash stashed in shoes, pockets, etc. Remember our parents were WWII generation the husband was the "bread winner" and he gave his wife an allowance for groceries and household needs. She had been stashing this cash for years for that "Rainy Day"! Don't recall what it totaled out too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back LT...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back.
Condolences LT on the your loss.
It's good to hear that something was found, and it might of be the solution to the mystery after all.
Kind of missed the yearly post up of your toy box making, do you still do it?

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are back!

Remind me again the story behind the $5000??

When my mother-in-law passed my wife was going through her cloths to give to the Salvation Army and coming across cash stashed in shoes, pockets, etc. Remember our parents were WWII generation the husband was the "bread winner" and he gave his wife an allowance for groceries and household needs. She had been stashing this cash for years for that "Rainy Day"! Don't recall what it totaled out too.
"Remind me again the story behind the $5000??"...... Long story / short version. Wife stashed away $5060 dollars. All in hundreds +3 twenty's. Had all laid out on dining room table. I told her to put in bank and she didn't. Now at the time she was really going downhill physically / mentally. I went to sleep. 3 days later she asked if I took...? No. She said it's lost and I've looked for 2 days. Her world was tethered to a 50' oxygen tube. The table, bathroom and bedroom only was her limit. Torn that small world up and more... nothing. I believe she stacked it in the outgoing mail trash, dumped it within and I burned it all up 2 days before without knowing. 1st post is long version.... Thanks, Brad

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back.
Condolences LT on the your loss.
It's good to hear that something was found, and it might of be the solution to the mystery after all.
Kind of missed the yearly post up of your toy box making, do you still do it?
Stay tuned pepperj.... I'll work on an update on this forum tomorrow about that (yes!!!).

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you found something!
When my grandpa got old he was getting kind of eccentric and worrying about things. Being on the farm he usually carried a revolver to shoot rabid animals, groundhogs or just tin cans. He got to thinking if he died one of us grandkids would find his gun and bad things could happen. So he hid the gun somewhere without telling anybody. After he passed away in 1958 the family noticed this gun was missing so we all looked for it. For many years we looked high and low for it with no luck.
In 2014 my uncle (85 years old) who lived on the old home place heard a mouse in the drop ceiling in the basement so he got on a ladder and raised a ceiling block to set a trap. He took a flashlight and shined it around and halfway across the ceiling he saw a bundle of rags. Inside the bundle was grandpa's .22 cal. S&W revolver, fully loaded with 1950's ammo. I have it here on my computer desk right now. So you never know. This thing was lost for over 50 years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread