Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many stories of treasures being found after the irma clean up. The whole time that all these massive piles of debri have been piling up ive wondered about what treasures have been accidentally thrown out with the debri. We have a friend who is involved in the clean up for the county. He has been bringing us some of the good mahogany logs with the giant skid steer that he operates. After work he stopped by our log lot for a beer, and thats when I asked about what he was finding. Story #1. I guess a large house boat at the end of my street sank and broke up during irma. My friend "jessie james" was put in charge of cleaning up this wrecked house boat. After most of the boat was scooped up and put on land, the owner informed him that a lock box with 3000$ cash had fallen in and sank to the bottom of the dock basin. Should be able to retrieve it with a magnet as the box was steel.by now the money is probably no good but ill still give it a shot. Story #2. Jessie was loading a big scoop of someones life into the pile when his co worker spotted a cigar box in the pile. There were 7 people working and they all got 400$ from the box when it was shared out between them. They are a tight little crew of heavy equipment operators and shared out equal parts for everyone like any good pirate crew would. Story # 3. Now the piles are almost all gone and the other day as they were finishing up the final clean up of the same massive debri pile a worker found a 1930 50 peso gold coin in the dirt that fell out of the debri. I will be there in less than an hour from now to scan for more coins. My experience tells me that there is a good chance at finding more, as most people dont hide just one coin. Probably someones hidden stash was washed awey in the storm. Last story is that 3 equipment operators accidentally dug up 3 million in cash during the clean up that was left buried by a famous drug smuggler that owned the property during the hay day of drug smuggling in the 80s. Im not sure about the last one , but I know all three of these characters, and all three walked off the job in mid october and no one has seen or herd from them since. A relative of one told me this story when I asked where his brother disappeared to. Those are the latest treasure gossip stories ive herd. Now please excuse me while I take my kid to school. We are leaving early on our walk to school so we can go look for gold pesos where the debri pile was !!!

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Sounds very promising. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup........theres coins in the dirt over there. Went with my kid and quickly found 3 1943 steel wheat pennies, one steel 1945 Canadian nickel, 2 copper wheats 1946 and 1954, 2 kent bank and trust tokens, and a very worn British copper coin dated 1872. No gold coins yet !! Only spent 30 mins over there so far. All these coins were Easley eyeballed in the losse dirt on the roadside. Ill post pics after work. I shall return for sure with the detector. Even though I didnt find gold or silver lm pretty fired up to return. Coins ! Coins !! Coins !!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20171117_103530.jpg
Wow !! What a horrible camera !! Ill post some better pics later. Left one steel in my truck too. I found in 2 minutes the same amount of steel pennies ive found in the rest of my life !! I now have 6 or 7 1943 steel wheats. Cool morn for me !!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like debris piles are the new "Go to" in the Irma hit area now. Sounds like a metal detector and a good sized magnet on a rope may be the items for the search for a while. Congrats on the easy finds and Good Luck on some more!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay.....I finally went back and got a 1935 silver 5 riechs mark coin, also eyeballed a brass commerative coin from france. Went back with the metal detector and was overwhelmed with trash. I found keys by the dozen I must have got 20 or more. I got a silver crucifix and 2 gold gilt military buttons. 1512267713542-672053266.jpg after that I went and checked the house boat wreck area and threw the magnet looking for the steel lock box, I got all kinds of stuff from silverware to large iron frame work pieces. No lock box !! I did get a gold plated hoop earring on the magnet, I will bring out all the guns tomorrow !! Glass bottom bucket, big kayak, small grapple hook to move some of the wreckage around and my trusty magnet !! If I spot jewelry or cash box and I have to get in ......I will !!! So first story suprised me and actually panned out !! No gold, but im not done and I got silver and other cool coins. I absolutely have to check out the cash box story now, and if I already got an earring then what if theres gold and silver jewelry that wont stick to the magnet ??? This is getting fun now, I love treasure hunting without the detector, old school, magnets, grapples, skin diving, glass bottom buckets, hell ya !!!

Attachments

• 15122675189771275146714.jpg
    15122675189771275146714.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im struggling with my pictures, I'll take better ones on somthing else the camera sucks on this pad.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love stories like this. I would be out there everyday. Congrats on the goodies so far and good luck on your return trips.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting read about the salvaging crews finding stuff in the rubble. Makes one wonder what isn't recovered and is carted way to the landfill site? Congrats on hte the finds so far and I even see a V Nickel sitting in the bunch of finds. Best of luck going after the box, the cash inside will be ok as it will take a longtime for it to disintegrate to the stage where one can't trade it in for new one from the bank.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting read about the salvaging crews finding stuff in the rubble. Makes one wonder what isn't recovered and is carted way to the landfill site? Congrats on hte the finds so far and I even see a V Nickel sitting in the bunch of finds. Best of luck going after the box, the cash inside will be ok as it will take a longtime for it to disintegrate to the stage where one can't trade it in for new one from the bank.
Im having coffee and slowly getting my gear together. Its good to have the sun up high so I have best visibility. I will kyak over the area and look at the bottom with the glass bottom bucket first to try and spot obvious items of value. I already saw lots of debri on the bottom. The small grapple can be used to move larger pieces to have a look underneath. The bottom is very silty and once it gets stirred up your visibility is gone so I dont drag the magnet until ive looked very carefully. Now one old boat lady that lived in one of the houseboats says that her neighbor had a large silver collection that was lost also. Her exact words were "my friend lost a lot of silver when the boat sank " ive already got a tremendous amount of good tools with the magnet. It always seems that the boat people always have a stash of valuable jewelry or coins on board (portable wealth). It takes a certain type of person to live on a boat and heavy metals travel well and trade around the world. Ill end up in the water for some reason im sure !! Got to talk to my man jessie james and see what other treasure stories he has !! Im almost certain that a portion of gold and silver coins from just this single site went to the land fill !!! Thinking of checking some of the other debri pile sites. There just scrape marks in the ground where 20 foot high piles were last week. Only the smaller heavy metal objects are left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-312.JPG
photo-311.JPG photo-60.JPG
This rig is deadly !!!! Me and this kyak have got some treasure together !!! I can easily paddle with the tank and hose on board if I need more bottom time and have to really do work under water. Best money I ever spent was on that kyak !! It is
Called " KSV vulture " (kyak salvage vessel) vulture, we pick the bones clean. Lol !!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, keep us posted.

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i hear similar studies when i lived on the border of mexico. people finding bags of cash from drug boats running from the law. people finding drugs, cash, whatever washing up on the beach. i enjoy reading stories like that. never will happen to me, i can't get that lucky. :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome rig!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread