Crazy Day

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
I have not been MD in several weeks so I went to the beach yesterday.I had been hunting about a hour and had a few coins. This guy comes up to me and asked if I had found his wife's ring. I ask him what it look like if it had stones etc. He said it was gold that's all he could remember. I told him no I had not found it, his come back let me see what you found and I will pick hers out. I tried to explain that I had found no gold rings today but he would not believe me, demanding I show him what I had found. I decided to head to the other end of the beach.He started screaming that I had sold his wife's ring and he was going to call the police, about this time who drives on the beach the police. This guy flags them down and tells them that I had found his wife's ring worth 2000 dollars and would not give it back. When they came to talk to me they were laughing there a** off.
The older cop 40 something is retiring soon and is thinking of getting into MDing so I gave him my phone number and told him about TN told him I would help in any way I could. The young cop wanted to bust the guy for being drunk or on drugs but the other one made him wait. They pulled back onto the road and when the guy left they arrested him for DUI endangering a child he had three small kids with him no wife.
I feel bad for the guy but he could have killed those kids or someone else. The good side is the cop called and is off today am going to meet him and do some MDing this afternoon. Well let you know how it works out.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
That story honestly warms my heart. It made me feel all happy and gooey inside. It would have been even better had they hit him a few times, too, but I guess the fact that his kids got to see their moron father get humiliated is good enough. I had a guy threaten to "beat my "donkey"" once, for detecting in a public park, and I love to hear stories about that kind of yay-hole getting their heaping helping of humble pie.....in front of his kids, too......hilarious !!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam glad you didnt punch him his children would of freaked out 8) AA

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Talk about trying to get something for nothing,that's the very reason why I dont drink alcohol(it always seems to bring out the best in people).Furthermore at least you got that moron off the road before he killed anyone and on top of that you made yourself a good md'ing partner in the process,Congrats too you.

by the way did you happen to find my g/f's engagement ring it was worth 10k...lol ;D j/k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread