digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Have seen alot of digger's complaining about the AT PRO's being out of balance using the stock coil. Well I have been using the 5 X 8 almost since I got my AT. Decided to use the stock coil on my last couple of hunts to get a little deeper. Started getting a pain in my elbow, and figured it was probably from work, but I don't think so. The only thing I've really done different in the last couple of weeks, is changing the coil.

I'm happy with the AT and the 5X8, but probably won't use the stock coil anymore. Bummer!

So now I feel like I don't have any option to get deeper, other then getting a different detector that is more comfortable to use when I want to probe deeper.

OK, here's that question! Any suggestions on a good, well balanced machine?:laughing7: $1500 or less

Thanks,
Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a harness and you want have an issue with weight. I swing 15" coils and can swing them all day using my harness which attaches to my camelbak.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recent price drop on minelab xterra 705 make it attractive or if your feeling flush xp deus

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got rid of my E-trac for the same reason. I now swing the Nokta Impact. Its the same weight as the AT-pro but way better balance. My oldest son has the pro and can't last more than 3 hours where i can go all day without any issues at all.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the solution. I am selling a plugger carbon fiber straight shaft for the AT Pro for 70 bucks shipped (paid over 149.00 for it). It will float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!
PM me if interested.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no high end, deep seeking machine out there that is lighter than the XP DEUS. $1,500. is the MSRP, but I think you can get a special Christmas price.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus at 1.9 pounds. Like balancing a feather. I also like the ergonomics of the Tesoros and just bought another Vaquero for deep, sandy soil.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Vaquero.....2.2 lbs. and very capable machine. X-Terra 705 very light good option too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I have heard about those. Any recommendations?
I hooked a bungee to a camelpak I wear, I always have cold water and the harness takes weight off my arm. I hunt with 15 inch coils on my excal and 17 inch coil on my CTX 3030.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread