Looking for KGC experts to Host new Discovery Channel series

khoban

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am a television producer with the company Brian Catalina Entertainment (Brian Catalina Entertainment). We are currently developing a TV series about the Knights of the Golden Circle, and the hunt for clues and depositories. The goal of the show is to follow one person, or a team of people, on their quest to uncover depositories, as we tell the stories and legends about the KGC.

We are currently looking for hosts for the series. This show is solely focused on the KGC. Whereas other shows have produced a single episode about the KGC, this entire series will revolve around the KGC and follow actual KGC experts on their hunt.

I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to anyone involved in researching the KGC, and/or hunting for KGC depositories. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Kevin Hoban
Co-Executive Producer
Brian Catalina Entertainment
[email protected]

DougF

Mar 19, 2007
Maryland, USA
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
I guess you have talked to Jack Myers? He wrote a book titled "Knights' Gold" within the last two years. I read the book and it is well researched. Although it is concerned with the origin of a gold cache found in Baltimore in 1934, he also goes into depth on the history of the KGC. Lots of detail.

OP
OP
K

khoban

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the recommendation, Doug. No, I have not spoken with Jack, but I will reach out to him.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, look what you've done. KGC just made me think KFC, so now I'm craving some fried chicken. :D

You can have Both...Some KFC boxes, buckets and cups have KGC on them! lol!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It amazes me that theres enough of an audience for 'programs' like this for it to be profitable. I mean, we get one of these casting calls at least twice a month around here.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It amazes me that theres enough of an audience for 'programs' like this for it to be profitable. I mean, we get one of these casting calls at least twice a month around here.

Many years ago it was commonly known as the idiot box-decades later has anything really changed?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have Both...Some KFC boxes, buckets and cups have KGC on them! lol!
Well if you find a KFC box with KGC loot in it,....there maybe a problem.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am a television producer with the company Brian Catalina Entertainment (Brian Catalina Entertainment). We are currently developing a TV series about the Knights of the Golden Circle, and the hunt for clues and depositories. The goal of the show is to follow one person, or a team of people, on their quest to uncover depositories, as we tell the stories and legends about the KGC.

We are currently looking for hosts for the series. This show is solely focused on the KGC. Whereas other shows have produced a single episode about the KGC, this entire series will revolve around the KGC and follow actual KGC experts on their hunt.

I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to anyone involved in researching the KGC, and/or hunting for KGC depositories. You can reach me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Kevin Hoban
Co-Executive Producer
Brian Catalina Entertainment
[email protected]

So you want actors for your show about people hunting fairy tales while you tell them where to go, what to say, and reshoot every scene over and over?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it has a narrator - I'm out.

But then, I don't know much about the KGC. Not that such would be an issue for TV.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

This post is a breath of fresh air. And what makes matters worse: Is when the OP get someone to respond that they "know where it is" or "they have a system", it will NOT be representative of a normal md'ing enthusiast. Instead it will be a dreamy eyed treasure-map wand-wielding ghost-story chaser type person. Ie.: the type who sees clues @ any funny squiggle on a rock, or uses some ...... uh ... "un-conventional" method that has no scientific basis , etc....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Facts make such boring television.

Maybe we can get Commander Underpants to produce a KGC sword and decoder ring for the cameras.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that we've kicked the original poster around I was going to suggest he take it to the Treasure Legends sub-forum.

But he's already there and getting action. ;-)

KGC

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facts make such boring television.

Maybe we can get Commander Underpants to produce a KGC sword and decoder ring for the cameras.

Im sure the oak island treause show is done with the swors they bought from ebay. I bet the producer could get it super cheap and give it another use as a kgc sacred ceremonial or some other nonsense

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give the producer a break. If you do not want to do this sort of thing please do not knock those that do.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...please do not knock those that do.

The reason for the "knocks", is 99% of true md'rs can not stomach any of these "treasure shows". Because the representatives, they find to show up on their shows, are NOT true md'rs. (rare exceptions, of course). And when a post comes up, to recruit, it's that exact image that comes up in our mind. Hence the knee-jerk reaction to "knock".

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason for the "knocks", is 99% of true md'rs can not stomach any of these "treasure shows". Because the representatives, they find to show up on their shows, are NOT true md'rs. (rare exceptions, of course). And when a post comes up, to recruit, it's that exact image that comes up in our mind. Hence the knee-jerk reaction to "knock".

Most of the time its exactly what these headhunters are asking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread