Tracking Amelia Earhart

Dec 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tracking Amelia Earhart - Her Flight Path to the End, by William Snavely, and published by Paragon less than a month ago, offers a compelling new theory regarding the 1937 disappearance of this eponymous aviatrix and her navigator Fred Noonan. It's also the only explanation so far to actually adduce a plane, located at a depth of over a 100 feet offshore Autonomous Bougainville. The plane remains unidentified but seems consistent with Earhart's Lockheed Electra. I'm prominently mentioned in the book and have seen dive photos of the site. I'm accredited by Snavely to the locals guarding the site and have been asked by him to lead an underwater expedition with the sole mission of either identifying the plane as Earhart's or ruling it out. I hope to mount this expedition in 2018. I seek capital, equipment and adventurous divers experienced in the use of side-looking radar, dredging and/or videography. I'm brand new to this site and look forward to getting to know some of you. Serious inquiries with references only.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting ! I wish you luck in your endeavor.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
if you find her she will be strangely quiet about the whole thing

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck. The one thing going for you is apparently she never landed an aircraft, including her ultimate Lockheed Electra, without damaging it in some way so the repair logs would help narrow down her specific aircraft. Hers also had a Bendix radio direction finder that would have been unique to a 10E Electra.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread