SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I keep telling myself that I'll just get out and find one more Silver for the year to increase My total one more. I can't lie to Myself! Even if I don't find one more Silver this year, I bet I'll be doing My best to get every chance I get even if it's the last hour on December 31st.
This is the Best and Most Rewarding Hobby there is , and I'm not afraid to Admit that I
Am A Detecting Addict!!!!!
Happy Hunting!!!

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm a detecting addict and i am not sorry for being a addict to metal detecting

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sorry either!! So thankful We have this Hobby!!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hooked for life. Also would like to dig another silver or two before the year closes.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am obsessed as the rest of you. Here are a couple keepers I dug 12/24/2016. Finds like these keep the fire burning. (2 bucket listers in one hunt). This year is turning out to be colder then the 3 previous. Hope my season's not over. Praying for a warm spell soon to thaw out the ground.

20161224_153428.jpg 20161224_153403.jpg

1st class ring and my 1st Morgan silver dollar, both dug from a defunct high school football field that was used from 1965 until 2014.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am obsessed as the rest of you. Here are a couple keepers I dug 12/24/2016. Finds like these keep the fire burning. (2 bucket listers in one hunt). This year is turning out to be colder then the 3 previous. Hope my season's not over. Praying for a warm spell soon to thaw out the ground.

View attachment 1525788 View attachment 1525791

1st class ring and my 1st Morgan silver dollar, both dug from a defunct high school football field that was used from 1965 until 2014.

Digging a Morgan dollar has to be a completely unique adrenaline rush. Definitely a heck of a bucket lister. Early coin for the age of that field too.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digging a Morgan dollar has to be a completely unique adrenaline rush. Definitely a heck of a bucket lister. Early coin for the age of that field too.

Yes sir it was a rush. All year I had the Morgan on my mind and could not believe that it was only 4 inches down on the field. I immediately got a perma-smile and broke out into my happy dance. A few of us believe it was used as a heads or tails coin by one of the referees. I dug 2 Ikes from that site that were probably use for the same thing. About 30 minutes later I dug the class ring. What a day, what a hunt. That place was so loaded with clad that I pulled close to $300 in face value over the past 3 seasons. It did give up other nice finds, a few silver washingtons, an 1894 Barber Q, a 3 silver dime spill (2 mercs and a barber), an 1864 2 cent coin, a ring made from a quarter, a few silver rosies and a buffalo nickel. I need to find me another honey hole like that one. It was fenced in for decades but is a public school and did not have "no trespassing signs like many other local FB fields. It was virgin territory.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I initially got into this "hobby" to find silver coins. A lot has occurred and changed since 2008 when I got my first metal detector. Heck even this year I have made some pretty dramatic changes in hunting locations and style. I got off the sod and spent much time in fields. I love finding artifacts that can date back to the history of the sight I happen to be hunting. Illinois became a state in 1818. Many of the small towns in my area began to spring up in the 1830's and thereafter. Finding stuff that can date back that far for me is a huge thrill. Yes, I am certified nutz for chasing after history. If a silver coin happens to come under my coil in the pursuit all the better. I love all old coins with Indians being my favorite old US coin design. Have fun and never be ashamed to admit your a nut for chasing after treasure!:headbang:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4FBEA063-2B25-4576-B2EB-4B5618F8DB8F.jpeg

It’s my therapy! I love being in nature and being rewarded for exercise!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread