Help With symbols

Cruz94

Dec 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can anyone help me identify more symbols? so far I've found a heart and a snake to the right of the heart.
and also what the meaning of the snake stands for, ive heard some different meaning of it. i know the picture is a little blurry but that's the best ones i could get , i took the liberty to enhance the contrast so that the symbols stand out a little more.
Mountain side.jpg Mountain side1.jpg Mountain side2.jpg

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the resolution and what is the scale
For example 1”=100yds etc.

Symbology does not mean anything as a result of the shear scale . If the symbology was on a rock or side of a mountain or a tree then it would be meaningful.

EA0BACD7-68BD-4E94-8C0A-96CA9DA78F93.jpeg

FBF15144-D102-4A8C-997E-47A17C4314EE.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cruz94

Dec 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right waterscoop. Ill get you the scale of it as soon as possible. There is probably smaller symbols that cant be picked up from satelite imagery. Im planing to visit this location soon and hopefully gather more information on foot.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
cruz94, if you lie on your back, and stare up at the passing clouds long enough, you can eventually make out a smiley face, a bunny shape, a heart, a snake, etc.... Which, of course, are random and mean nothing. So too with squiggles and scars of the landscape. And even if man-made: graffiti , meaning nothing to do with treasure, is not a modern phenomenon. Not meaning to be a kill-joy, but just sayin' .... don't over think it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet.

OP
OP
C

Cruz94

Dec 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tom. I dont think it's random. Im not just looking at random mountains. Story for this mountain is that the French had passed through this town in the state of chihuahua. They were being chased and decided to unload In that mountain. I guess to me is just more confirmation to this family story that has been passed down. Like i said i do plan on visiting this place again this time to this location of the heart. I'll keep you guys updated if i Find more symbols.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... through this town in the state of chihuahua......

I hunted throughout the state of Chihuahua, on a detecting excursion in about 1994-ish. Lots of fun ! Old ruins dot the desert landscape, etc.... However, the legends (aka superstitions) run thick: My guide all and all the friends and relatives we met on our travels ALL have a treasure story. Seems everyone's convinced of a treasure in every cave and at every ruin. They all sound so convincing and bullet proof (several of which were the reason for our trip in the first place).

However, when you start asking deeper questions, it turns out the stories are always "he said she said" to infinity. Even those that were spoken in first person tense, ... well it turns out ... they got it on "good authority from so & so". So you track down THAT person. And guess what ? Well they too didn't actually see the treasure either. But not-to-worry: They got it on good authority from so & so. So you track down THAT person. And so on till infinity. Yet no matter how many persons the stories go through, it's always first-person-present-tense absolute bullet proof.

The spaniards, the french, pancho villa, fire or smoke or sparkles that come from holes, etc... etc... The food was great, the people super nice. And we found individual fumble fingers coins dating back to the 1850s. But as for cache stories ? I became a kill-joy in the space of the month I spent there. Hopefully you find something you can show & tell post for us though :)

OP
OP
C

Cruz94

Dec 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks tom i agree with you the people and the food are amazing. been to this location once when i was in high school didn't find anything more than a rough terrain and rattle snakes all over the place. Now looking at these pictures i know that i was looking in the wrong place. thanks to satellite imagery i know have a starting point.. ill definitely be posting any finds. on a side question. since the snake sits on the edge of a slope . what would be the smartest way to proceed. should i go in the direction of the snake head or down the slope? I've found information saying that a snake represent "treasure below" and other contradicting, saying to go in the heads direction. looking at the area i see evidence to go either way. the head points to more what i believe are symbols i cant recognize. down the slope i see what looks to me like an anchor. Is there a definite answer to the snake symbol? i guess why i am asking is because if i choose to proceed down the slope it would probably kill half a day, and then going back would kill me another half a day.

InkedMountain side_LI.jpg
InkedMountain side1_L2.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Cruz94, again: I think you are reading-too-much into random scars and squiggles.

If you really want to find a cache in Mexico, here's what I'd do: For starters, ditch every single ghost-story legend camp fire story. Forget the conspiracy theory "treasure markers" (me thinks you watched one-too-many episodes of Raiders of Lost Ark movie :)) Ditch the squiggles, graffiti, etc.. And instead just get a TM 808 and scan around old ruins there. A TM 808 will find nothing smaller than a soda can sized object. Hence the perfect discriminator against nails, tabs, foil, solo-coins, small junk, etc....

This was the mistake we made when we went for a month to Mexico (Chihuahua and Durango): We had standard machines. Hunted around the ruins of 200+ yr. old homes, and ruins of old churches in the middle of nowhere and in the Sierra Madres. But immediately found that every one of them was RIDDLED with trash. Because, unlike the USA: They have no curbside trash service. So people seem to take their trash and dump it next to the nearest ruin. Or over the side of the nearest cliff, etc.... At first we thought: No problem, we'll just ignore all the small signals (since we were down there for cache-hunting, not fumble fingers solo coins). But it's easier said than done. We found ourselves digging tons of stuff no matter how much we tried to 2nd-guess-target sizes :(

In retrospect, I wish I'd had a TM-808.

However, I must say, I'm skeptical of the cache stories anyhow. Because as you may know in Mexico, it's very economically divided. So if you had a village/pueblo that's 300 yrs. old, population 5000 or so. Hence 70 or so homes: You'll notice that of that entire population, perhaps only 3 families have most of the wealth in town. Eg.: the governing family. The store-keeper, the mine-owner, etc..... The VAST MAJORITY of the population will be middle and lower class, with very little wealth. So going back in time, 200+ yrs. ago, you'd have to know that the particular ruin you're hunting was the affluent ones of yesteryear. A needle in a hay-stack. And EVEN THEN you're making an assumption that they necessarily hid and never came back for something.

To the degree that .... sure .... caches happen, yet SO TOO could the same be said of the USA or anywhere else . Thus I came to believe that all the treasure stories emanating from Mexico were cultural camp-fire legend ghost-story sillyness. JMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread