ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still don't understand why the gov doesn't come down on these fraudsters.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Still don't understand why the gov doesn't come down on these fraudsters.

OOooohhh, you'e cruising for a bruising. Watch it feller. They obviously must work, since they're accompanied by testimonials. Haven't you see the pix of the guys posed next to the jars of coins they found ? Photographs don't lie after all :)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOooohhh, you'e cruising for a bruising. Watch it feller. They obviously must work, since they're accompanied by testimonials. Haven't you see the pix of the guys posed next to the jars of coins they found ? Photographs don't lie after all :)

You know I read that somewhere on the Internet, so therefore it must be true.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would make a great conversation piece if it was cheap enough. Did you get the price$

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the 80's a local dealer was always showing me the latest best long range widget that could detect something miles away. He was on a fixation about getting a signal in the middle of a shopping center parking lot and wanted me to go 50/50 on digging this treasure up. ( Nice guy, but I don't think so) He demonstrated this new $1100 device in his downstairs showroom, and it swung right over to his safe containing all his gold and silver detecting finds.
He was going on about this amazing device, and I kept on thinking "Ouiji Board"
He started to detect my doubtful feelings and said that I could hide some gold in the office while he stepped out and he could find it once he returned.
I agreed with the challenge and took the gold out of the open safe and hid it in a couple of spots in the showroom.
He returned and it was amazing that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned. :laughing7:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the 80's a local dealer was always showing me the latest best long range widget that could detect something miles away. He was on a fixation about getting a signal in the middle of a shopping center parking lot and wanted me to go 50/50 on digging this treasure up. ( Nice guy, but I don't think so) He demonstrated this new $1100 device in his downstairs showroom, and it swung right over to his safe containing all his gold and silver detecting finds.
He started to detect my doubtful feelings and said that I could hide some gold in the office while he stepped out and he could find it once he returned.
I agreed with the challenge and took the gold out of the open safe and hid it in a couple of spots in the showroom.
He returned and it was amazing that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned. :laughing7:

:laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, if they worked, we would all be using one!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The guts of this thing compared to what's inside a common vintage pocket transistor radio.
The prices on these units vs. materials used was quite...different.

Attachments

• insideview.jpg
    insideview.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 68
  • th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... and I kept on thinking "Ouiji Board"....

No no no no. Look at Digger 27's post #12. It's *obvious* that it has electronic innards. Hence entirely scientific and electronic. Not hocus pocus, superstition, or spiritual. Recant of your accusations.

.... that device didn't detect one spot that I hid the gold. He scratched his head while making up a viable reason why it malfunctioned. :laughing7:

Again, recant of your accusations. Do you find a gold coin every time you go out md'ing ? OF COURSE NOT. Hence why the double standard when asking for proof from this fellow ? Tsk tsk. And yes: I'm sure there was some valid reason why it didn't work for that table test . Eg.: Sunspots, solar flares, nearby magnets, a breeze, Electrical interference from the fluorescent light bulbs above, etc....

Ok, now hurry out and buy one !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No no no no. Look at Digger 27's post #12. It's *obvious* that it has electronic innards. Hence entirely scientific and electronic. Not hocus pocus, superstition, or spiritual. Recant of your accusations.

Again, recant of your accusations. Do you find a gold coin every time you go out md'ing ? OF COURSE NOT. Hence why the double standard when asking for proof from this fellow ? Tsk tsk. And yes: I'm sure there was some valid reason why it didn't work for that table test . Eg.: Sunspots, solar flares, nearby magnets, a breeze, Electrical interference from the fluorescent light bulbs above, etc....

Ok, now hurry out and buy one !!

I can't remember if there was a gold coin in the lot, but there was a few hundred rings and chains from his water detecting. Sadly one day he came home and somebody had used one of those long crowbar items to lighten his collections, plus 25-30 detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions