Got a question on Long Range Metal Detectors ........

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The kind that you hold in your hand and sorta look like a ray gun. Do they work? I use regular hand held metal detectors that you have to get the coil over a target to get a signal but the long range ones have my curiosity up. I have a place that is a thicket that would make it almost impossible to swing a detector in that is an old house place. The owner buried his silver and gold coins in jars and I am sure not all of it was ever recovered. Have any one y'all had any experience with one of these long range detectors and if so did it work at all? Just curious about them thanks for any info...d2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are a 100% scam! Dont pay a penny one of those pieces of junk.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thank you for the info. I've never used one but thought if they worked any at all they may be useful. I've got a friend with one that says they do and he will bring it to HELP me try and locate any left over jars full of coins. Thanks again for the info and if I find anything I will post it...d2

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just think of it like this, we are all looking for gold and silver treasure. If those things worked AT ALL, we would all be using them and showing the great treasures we found with them. Do you see any reports of these working from anyone other than people selling them? Nope, all you see are reports of what we find with real searching instruments such as metal detectors, SSS and GPRs.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
They are a 100% scam! Dont pay a penny one of those pieces of junk.

Then how do you explain the testimonials in the advertisements ? Guys posed in photos next to the jars of coins they found. Huh ? Huh ? If you tried one, and it didn't work, that merely means you didn't practice long enough, and/or weren't using it correctly. Right ? :headbang:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then how do you explain the testimonials in the advertisements ? Guys posed in photos next to the jars of coins they found. Huh ? Huh ? If you tried one, and it didn't work, that merely means you didn't practice long enough, and/or weren't using it correctly. Right ? :headbang:

:laughing7: Oh they find treasure and money all right, they find it in the pocket of anyone who buys one. It's just that the poor buyer doesn't realize HE is the prize. :laughing9:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Nope, all you see are reports of what we find with real searching instruments such as metal detectors, SSS and GPRs.

You must not be reading the come-back lines of the "faithful" : The REASON you don't see show & tell reports from the LRL crowd ISN'T because they're not finding goodies. It's because they're after "big game" (caches). Not individual fumble fingers coins, relics, jewelry like md'rs chase. And since they're after big game caches, then OF COURSE they aren't going to post show & tell. Because, go figure: They're afraid of the IRS, thieves that might target their houses, claim-jumpers, etc....

But rest assured: They find caches all the time. And besides: They don't need to prove anything. They would simply revert the burden of proof on you, and say "try it" (whatever unconventional method they are spouting). But even that will eventually go no where. Because even if you DID try it, and found it to be non-working, they would simply say you "need more practice", blah blah . It never ends.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only hand held directional device that helped me find my way to where treasure might be is an instrument called a Compass. It is also good at helping you find your way out of the thicket.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didin't figure they worked for the reasons that y'all have said but one never knows and I am not afraid to ask a question even if it is or sounds silly...d2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stihl-Brushcutters-Trimmers-Petrol-FS-460-C-EM.jpg
This is one of my long range site clearing machines, cuts the saplings down so it's just ground level stubble. I'll stand behind things that are made to work in this world, not things that are make to believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread