Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet most of you have had an experience with this. I was supposed to fly across the country in a week to visit my daughter. She just moved out west. Had the ticket and the whole nine yards. I had the heebie jebbies about the trip this past week and a piece of me did NOT want to go. Now I'm smokeythecat, not smokeythescardeycat. I get a flurry of texts from my daughter who asked if excessive use of spices, nut oils in cooking and shrimp cooking in her apartment building would be a problem. Since I am very allergic to all of the above, I said yes. She said their place smelled of seafood all the time. I can't even take a whiff of it or my throat starts to close off. She suggested I not go. We stopped texting briefly while I considered this, no one had thought about it before. I determined at that moment I would not go. So I called the older daughter and discussed it. She admitted to me the idea if I went on this trip, I would not be coming back. Like ever. No THAT's something you don't have you kid admit to every day. I talked to a friend and she said while I was telling her the story she had a mental image of me heading toward a cliff, as in fall off of it, and then me turning around. It had taken a few minutes to figure out HOW to cancel the flight online. After all is said and done, I felt SO relieved. I am STILL totally at peace with the decision not to go.

And then the words of Acts 16: 6 and 7 came to mind. Stuff like this comes to mind if you've read it before. I couldn't remember the exact verses number, but knew the passage.

So, I hope it thaws out so I can detect some. Maybe I'll buy another dumb antique I don't need. Or clean the cat box. My daughter will come out here in the summer.

Your heebie jeebie thoughts?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are comfortable with your decision ,, then you made the right decision.
I hope the weather allows you a hunt.
It will help clear your mind.

JimJ

Mar 24, 2016
Metz, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, At Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally know of several times this sixth sense saved my bacon. I worked with a lot of older me in the coal fields and almost all of them could tell stories of having escaped bad accidents or worse because of listening to that inner voice. Glad you decided to listen to yours Smokey! How many of your 9 lives you have left anyway? LOL Good Hunting and Merry Christmas!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
smokey-cat: I believe all such premonitions are merely "memory bias" and subconscious "selective memory". We ALL have premonitions of danger or risk, on scores of things we're thinking of doing or not doing. 100x per day. Then promptly forget them when nothing ever becomes of it. Yet if ... randomly coincidentally one of those things comes true, THEN do we remember our premonitions and think 'aha! I'm psychic!".

Same logic for why some people think their horoscopes come true: They're simply subconsciously seeing/picking the things (from the long list of generalized blather) that happen to fit.

Hey, and I see your reference to scripture: So don't take this to mean I don't subscribe to supernatural. But just saying: On the other hand, don't go looking for "assassins under rocks". Lest it turn there's perfectly natural explanations. And you end up looking like the doofus :P

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, you're still with us to share this, so I think you made the right decision, regardless.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be so cold here I'm glad I'm not going. My hens outside will need extra attention. Every time I put hay in their house, they unceremoniously throw it out as fast as possible and the water freezes fast. My daughter will visit here in the summer. I have a couple relics around here I have misplaced, so will be tearing through the place looking for them.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My 6th sense kicked in one time, back in 1989 or so...
A guy got fired after I ratted him out for stealing, I was young, and looking back, I should have manned-up, and confronted Darin personally to make him see the error of his ways.
He was a good guy, but different from me, he was a local kid, had a hard up-bringing, kinda tough guy, who had some hard friends, and some hard stories.... I was from out of town, didn’t know anyone outside of work in this small office.
He was pissed, and threatened me on his way out, my head was on a swivel for a week, thinking I was gonna get my ass kicked or something.
A few weeks later, he knocks on my door, late night, wanting to make peace. Wants to take me out for a drink, a bite to eat, whatever it took for me to leave my apartment with him, it was his intention to get me to go with him...he was relentless. Just me and him he promised...
I was starting to run out of excuses as to why I didn’t want to go...I was scared. I figured we would go somewhere secluded, meet up with his friends, and then they were going to have a blanket party on my ass, or worse.
Finally, he backed off, with a promise that we would get together soon....
Next day I found out that 4 guys got killed in a wreck a mile away from my place....
I don’t worry about Darin and his friends anymore.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time ago someone ordered a toy from me off Ebay. Like in 1999. I was going to go to my regular post office, it was December 23 and it was being overnighted. For some reason, I think it being somewhat late in the day, I decided not to go to my regular post office but go to the one 5 miles in the other direction. The package was shipped and got there in time. It was very windy, if I remember correctly. After getting home, I see all kinds of lights and such around the bend and up the hill I normally would have traveled. Now folks, it's only been 20 minutes or so. The hill I would have taken had seen a 200 year old oak tree fall and crash across the road. Missed me by that much! Under normal circumstances, I could have easily become a pancake.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call it what you will but, I subscribe to the notion human beings are "spiritual" creatures, Mind, Body, Spirit. The mind, will, and emotions being our "soul". As another T-net member has described it in their comment previously it is being "tuned in" to the proper frequency. Some will refer to this as "common sense" or the ability to evaluate our moves based upon natural deduction and reasoning things out rationally. Taking into account natural laws, averages, and any other sort of thing you can create a theory or mathematical equation from.

Having taken a serious evaluation of my own crazy life I find it quite easy to believe in a "power" beyond our 3 dimensional plane that has the ability to influence our choices and decisions if we choose to tap into such a notion. Call it that still small voice, intuition, gut feeling, or whatever. It is usually a gentle prompting to go a certain direction which may or may not be our "natural" tendency. I have been guilty of being caught up in "religion" with it's many rituals, traditions, and various methods of attempting to keep us on the straight and narrow. Being in tune with the Spirit has NOTHING to do with any of these religious practices in my opinion.

You don't have to attend a building on any specified day of the week or observe certain "holidays" to tap into the realm of the spirit. Heck, I am at my most spiritual when I am out in nature digging up garbage! I have conversations with my Spiritual leader all the time. I just need to learn to shut up once in awhile and learn to discern the voice of this higher being and follow their direction. I believe it is always for my own benefit even if it more than likely means I am not getting MY way.

So I believe you are NOT crazy to hear this internal prompting and pay heed to it's guidance. I could share volumes of my own life experience of times I didn't listen to the spirit and paid the price dearly. Also have a few stories of times I did and the results were many folks receive a blessing and NO ONE gets injured physically or emotionally. Very nice of you to share this post. I hope it provokes a few folks to think outside their own "little" box of understanding the many mysteries of our vast universe. I certainly am not too proud to think I have all of these things figured out. Just learning as I go along this amazing journey called life. Peace to you and yours Smokeythecat.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one am convinced of that "other" part of our being that is fully aware and is not bound by time nor space. I have gone from being a believer to a knower!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions