2017 Toy Box Donation Info.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words guy. At many times when I'm building the toy boxes for targeted donations I'm a 62 y/o "little girl" when no one is around. Especially attaching the memorial plates I order and attach to each donated toy box. I guess you have to be "me" to understand totally. I'm just proud to be able to do so and have some support. Hopefully I can continue for a few years forward also...??? Thanks, Brad

The older I get the less guarded I am. If something makes me sad....I cry. If something is funny to me....I laugh. I used to be very guarded but that’s all gone. I just want to be genuine. Like it or hate it that’s what you get. You have more reason than anyone to have those moments. Keep doing what you do. It’s awesome! My grandmother used to load me up in my grandfathers truck and drive around looking for people we could help. She would find a house where nobody was home and we would rake up the leaves or pick up sticks or drop off a pie or some bread. It didn’t mean a lot to me back then but the older I got the more it hit home. She didn’t want these people to know it was us. She just wanted to help people and never take credit for it. It’s such a simple thing to do. Just help somebody or do something nice for somebody. My mother used to ha e a thing at dinner she called “good things”. We would go around the table before dinner and tell one nice thing that we did for somebody. I think it’s time to bring that tradition back my friend. Thanks for reminding me of these important lessons

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The older I get the less guarded I am. If something makes me sad....I cry. If something is funny to me....I laugh. I used to be very guarded but that’s all gone. I just want to be genuine. Like it or hate it that’s what you get. You have more reason than anyone to have those moments. Keep doing what you do. It’s awesome! My grandmother used to load me up in my grandfathers truck and drive around looking for people we could help. She would find a house where nobody was home and we would rake up the leaves or pick up sticks or drop off a pie or some bread. It didn’t mean a lot to me back then but the older I got the more it hit home. She didn’t want these people to know it was us. She just wanted to help people and never take credit for it. It’s such a simple thing to do. Just help somebody or do something nice for somebody. My mother used to ha e a thing at dinner she called “good things”. We would go around the table before dinner and tell one nice thing that we did for somebody. I think it’s time to bring that tradition back my friend. Thanks for reminding me of these important lessons

Sir.. I totally understand what you stated above. I sincerely do...! And God knows I know what you mean. But... I am not the 1st father to lose a daughter or a grandson doing a humanitarian act. Many members here have lost a child and/or maybe a grandchild also. This could be due to a horrible accident as my daughter / grandson went through helping others... or through a war, disease or a lingering illness or something the same. SO... While I do have a "reason" doing what I do... rest assured I don't have ANY MORE REASON than any other parent, grandparent or friend who's gone through the same or close.

I share this in hopes possibly others with similar skills will repeat or elevate.

I am just blessed to be able to do what I do and have the means... I just hope possibly this somehow develops into something even larger to help even more children...? Your Grandmother and mother were good roll models guy... That's why you have emotions to a true story.

Thanks, Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions