Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Im close to 50 years old. I went on this specific diet and after 3 months, I lost 32 lbs. I have 56 lbs to get where I want to be. So technically I am in the middle of this diet so I don't think I can qualify for this contest lol

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are all at different points on our road. First official weigh-in today 213, which means I've gained 23 pounds in the last few months.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my beverage for the day.. meeting friends to detect so I guess my first exercise for the new year as well:tongue3:

Attachments

• 20180101_080617.jpg
    20180101_080617.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is my beverage for the day.. meeting friends to detect so I guess my first exercise for the new year as well:tongue3:

No label reading there! Haha.

I got pretty serious about my water intake/quality over the years and invested in a steam distiller. Best money I've ever spent. Well.......except for my F75, and Tejon of course, lol. Also did a bit of block fasting with very good results. Another great investment is a vitamix blender for some awesome smoothies. Can't beat a pre-digested meal.

Steam pure water distiller.

20180101_111557.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well JackalopeZL1 I can't join you in the weight loss deal as I have maintained 130-155, 6ft tall since high school many years ago, but I will offer support and encouragement. In my families culture, we used to think fat people were rich and had it made, since they apparently had plenty to eat and didn't have to work much, and we admired them. Then I found out being overweight or underweight could be a threat to your health. So get after it, keep us posted on how it goes, and I will cheer you on. You can do this pretty easy.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weigh in #1 - Monday 1/1/18 - 278-lbs.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread. If anyone is considering a gym membership, check out a Planet Fitness if there is one near by. Memberships are only $10 month, no contract and they are open 24hours. Nope, I don’t work for them, just a satisfied member.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my day 1. Still too cold to detect, lol and no, I wasnt laying down in this pic.

20180101_131020.jpg

Screenshot_20180101-134519.png

Screenshot_20180101-081623.png

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple exercises for us old guys(I am 69). Sit on the edge of your tub, grab your knees and crunch forward, arm curls without weights, pushups using your step landing, easy on the back.....Joe McDonough

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple exercises for us old guys(I am 69). Sit on the edge of your tub, grab your knees and crunch forward, arm curls without weights, pushups using your step landing, easy on the back.....Joe McDonough

Its all about doing what YOU can to stay active!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for guys! I am praying for you!
I wish you the best success in 2018!
They also are now finding out that different people respond to foods differently....i could have told them that.
Make sure you get your vitamins!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today was a success, Found some goodies and didn't eat horrible. The gallon of water made it till about 330 this afternoon..

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I wish you all the best of luck. I've been prone to lots of bad habits during my life but putting on weight wasn't one of them.

I will toss a few ideas out there for what it's worth though. We tend to prepare most of our foods from scratch and more fruits, veggies and other plant based food than meat + dairy. Try to go light on extra fats such as fried foods.

After breakfast most days I head off for a 1 hour walk and stop for a coffee midway just to break the pace...keep in mind I was born in 1950 so I have to pace myself....lol.

In any event I'm more than willing to cheer you on because where there's a will there's a way. And to prove the point I quite smoking Dec 15/16 and haven't cheated once so trust me you can do just about anything with willpower.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is tougher for me. Back at work with the same old work routines. Find myself wanting to Gobble up the food. But................... I haven't touch anything out of my days plan for food:hello2: Having a sugar withdrawal I think..lol

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thumbs up for not faltering on your routine. If you have a sweet tooth one option is to have a couple of fresh dates at least they have lots of nutrition. So much better than eating heavily processed sweets.

Regards + HH

Bill

Today is tougher for me. Back at work with the same old work routines. Find myself wanting to Gobble up the food. But................... I haven't touch anything out of my days plan for food:hello2: Having a sugar withdrawal I think..lol

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch and tons of water. By the time it was time to go home I had to stop at Taco Bell for a burrito (I was starving)! Bad mistake on my part but dinner will be better choices and tomorrow is another day. Just cannot get the full feeling eating plants and water.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fish1on,

Glad you're giving it a fair shot. Whole starch foods help to fill you up without adding extra fats, etc...try potatoes with skins on, brown rice and other complex carbs.

Don't ever give up.

Regards + HH

Bill

This video with Whitney Thore should give you some incentive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions